PDA

View Full Version : ahh ok i need some help

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
i was riding the tri moto down the road in 3rd gear not over revving or anything but just crusing about to shift i went around a corner and it went pop clunk and rolled to a stop...i just put in new crank seals, new spark plug, i mixed the fuel VERY rich umm and now it wont start it turns over but im not sure how goode of compresson it has? the plug is golden tan with a small amount of carbon and stuff not fouled or anything //does anyone have anyideas?

Serious Tim
04-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Dunno about the pop clunk, but pull the plug and put your thumb over the hole, and pull it over, and see if it at least blows your thumb off with the compression.

I mix mine rich in my tri-moto too, I'd rather smoke a little and play it safe meself.

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 12:23 PM
nope wont blow my finger off it dosent even feel like the pistons moving lol even to i can see it move...what now?

RedRider_AK
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Might have broken a rod if you don't feel the piston going up and down.

Serious Tim
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Time to pull the jug. Undo the four nuts on the bottom of the jug, take off the carb, and see what you're dealing with. I did an upper end on my YT125 a couple months back, it's easy to do. I can't remember if you have to remove the head on the jug to get clearance to remove it or not. If the crank is actually broken, start shopping a used lower end, but I can get into that later ;)

You might have got lucky and just snapped a wrist pin.

84honda200s
04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
im saying broken rod or something in the tranny. if it was a rod 9 out of 10 times it will bind up.

buddy it wont totally blow you finger off it. does it suck it in a bit ? its hard to believe it threw the rod if you were just cursing. but then again it is old so who knows.

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 12:36 PM
no the piston is moving! i said there is no compression..i can see the piston move lol
do u kno where to get the piston kit (cheapest posible please lol) i rode it about 1 hour total =[ and this happens

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
and hey rob a wasnt cursing LOL..ok well i was when it died LOL

84honda200s
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
i say take the head off it and see whats going on. the pingers are by far the easiest engines to tear down and rebuild. dennis kirk or rockymountain would be your best bet man.

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
i took the head off the moto there were no scratches that i could see the head gasket looked ok the piston APPEARED to be ok not sure on rings as i onlt took off the head but what would u guys reccomend checking?

84honda200s
04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
take the cylinder off too man. but before you do that try to move the piston around side to side and back and fourth. if it dont move the rings are good but if there is allot of play you will be needing new rings. then take the cylinder off and check for marks (blow by) on the sides of the piston. oooo yea and post some pics man.

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 01:37 PM
oh lol i feel stupid i forgot to hold open the throttle..we go spark and compression W00T but no fuel lol so im gonna buy some gas hehe srry guys the reserve doesnt work

Erics350x
04-16-2007, 06:54 PM
im bettin on broken ring or reed.

team-red-rider
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
it was the reeds ...they were stuck