PDA

View Full Version : This years Glamis Trikefest pics

Dammit!
04-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Well the turnout sucked this year. We had a whopping SIX trikes show up. We had a great time though. The sand and weather were both excellent. We had enough wind to keep the dunes groomed without being too incredibly annoying at camp.

:pics:

Group shot from left to right: Dammit!, Michelle, Yardbird, TrikeDude, Mymint87 and 3razors (that's a KX500 conversion kids! :eek: ).

Dammit!
04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
:pics: :pics: :pics:

ColeTrickle
04-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I've never been dune riding, a lot of sand pits though. Probably nothing like it, looks like a tons of fun. The wind gets pretty fierce at times I imagine, must have to keep your beers covered at camp? Any pics of the 500 conversion?

GoodKarma
04-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Cool, looks like a lot of fun! I have to make it down there one of these days.:w00t:

mymint87
04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
this pic was taken just at the moment that I was commenting on just how handsome and quite studly Dammit! looked next to El Diablo

Notice everyone laughing....LOL....cept Doug.....LOL

http://3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45320&d=1176654881

tecat-z
04-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Man if i lived anywhere near glamis or the Imperial sand area in general i would have been there for sure with a few friends. Glamis looks like so much fun with such vast areas of beautiful sand. Iv'e heard the idiots have been leaving lots of garbage and junk behind though. Any truth to this? Thats the biggest threat to the dunes, and closures. One day i gotta get there.

mymint87
04-15-2007, 12:54 PM
I arrived to represent:postwhore ...Knowing KASEY wouldn't be there......I was confident The Mutt would be King of Camp

mymint87
04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
WHO invited 3Razors???.....darn...I'm second runner up again:banned:

SOMEONE stop him......looks like he's getting ready to leave his mark on My Mutt

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
How'd this get in here?:postwhore

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
here's a fresh dune shoot......

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Iv'e heard the idiots have been leaving lots of garbage and junk behind though. Any truth to this? Thats the biggest threat to the dunes, and closures. One day i gotta get there.

thats not true....what would happen is that the dumpsters that are placed at the exit would be overflowing when everyone left on big holiday weekends....your always going to have littlerbugs. but the vast majority of duners are very clean....what the tree huggers did is use the trash overflow problem to there advantage saying that the foxes, coyotes, crows, buzzards are becoming dependent on this overflow and during offseason the starve....so a zero policy has been implemented...instead of huge semi truck style dumpsters placed...they now place the small 5X7 dumpsters with lids...and are stressing a zero tolerance on open /overflowing dumpsters.....now mostly all duners pack it home now

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
i think Dammit! and 3Razors broke their backs on this ridge

Mrs.Mosh
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Nice pics guys.How did the Mrs.like the 250sx?

DixiePlowboy
04-15-2007, 01:19 PM
That place is beautiful in the pics!

I've been wanting to do a "California Sand Tour" since I first saw the dunes in magazines back in the early to mid '80s. I will definitely load up the family one day and go....even though I'll probably have to rent an RV having a wife and 5 sons.

In a year or two we'll make an organized 3-wheeler event there if ya'll still do this.

Problem is, it'll have to be more toward or into summer for us since it's so far away from Alabama and we'll have to dedicate a week or two to the big round trip with a few days at Glamis around work/school schedules.

By then, I hope to have found an excellent '86 KX 500 conversion that's been floating around here changing hands real cheap ever since a friend of mine had it professionally done when the KX was new.

Otherwise, I'll convert a newer one myself in the next year or so.....along with building several more 3-wheelers(X's and such) for my young'uns.

It'll be a huge thing for me and mine to be able to go. We've never even seen a set of paddles in real life!

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:22 PM
:pics: :pics: :pics:

Dammit!
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Nice pics guys.How did the Mrs.like the 250sx?

She was loving it until she wiped out twice in a span of about 2 minutes. It was my fault though. I took her to some small dunes when she was not ready for them yet. Gotta give her credit though. She had a couple of hard spills and still got back on it later that day.

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
yea...i seen one crash.....at one point looked like the trike was laying upside down ..flat on the sand, and she was nowhere to be seen...almost like the trike pushed her down into the sand:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

then it continued rolling and she popped up:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

edog
04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
How did the SX do?

What year is that Kawi Dirtbike?

Vealmonkey
04-15-2007, 01:43 PM
What kind of blue crab ransom would it take to come out and visit for a weekend? LOL Would like to get there at least once but would need someone to take me around. I could probably fly out but would not be able to bring a trike with me. I would just like to go and see but it would be tough without a trike. I'd even settle for a suspension 110! I'd take a stock 90, I wouldn't care. I'd probably end up moving out there I would like it so much and no snow!
And you know we would have to go visit the treasure!!!!!!!!

mymint87
04-15-2007, 01:46 PM
here's some new :welcome: wallpaper :welcome: for all you
:postwhore mudslinging hillbillies:postwhore

edog
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
You are cooler looking than I thought you be.Hey everyboby "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME"

Dart food:naughty:

Liquid-Darkness
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Looks like fun. Lots of sand.

Dammit!
04-15-2007, 02:12 PM
How did the SX do?

What year is that Kawi Dirtbike?

It did pretty good all things considered. TrikeDude rode it the most so I'll let him comment on it. I just played around on some of the smaller dunes with it. With just a little more horsepower it would be a real blast out there. The fat front tire gives it a smooth ride. It was smoking like a chimney the day before the trip but we didn't notice any smoke at all while we were out there. Maybe it just needed a good running. I'll have to check the oil today and see if it burned any up. I think it might have the first day but it was hard to tell if it was sitting perfectly level or not.

Don't know what year KX that is.

edog
04-15-2007, 02:36 PM
TrikeDude looks like the Guy from the Man Show.

Looks like a blast!!!!!

Maybe if I go to my cousins house some summer in Nebraska maybe I will head over that way.

mymint87
04-15-2007, 04:41 PM
What kind of blue crab ransom would it take to come out and visit for a weekend? LOL Would like to get there at least once but would need someone to take me around. I could probably fly out but would not be able to bring a trike with me. I would just like to go and see but it would be tough without a trike. I'd even settle for a suspension 110! I'd take a stock 90, I wouldn't care. I'd probably end up moving out there I would like it so much and no snow!
And you know we would have to go visit the treasure!!!!!!!!

maybe only a couple of bushells(sp.)...........lol

Maryland Triker,

Plan something in the winter on a major holiday........but it would be best for you to drive out here.....don't think the would allow old school 90 frames, couple of front ends, maybe a stroker motor in with your "carry on"

mymint87
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I must say....3Razors took us on a couple of EXCELLENT dune rides.....The Kawasaki with its green bright colors looked awesome twisting through the bowls.....

I forgot how mindless it can be to follow through the dunes instead of leading..You never have to think about whats around or over the razor cause you have the "POINT MAN" to take the fall in front of you leaving you plenty of time to react...

I really enjoyed following 3Razors.....Thanks dude....you carved em up like a seasoned vet....

I Give The Duner 3 headbangs......That Trikers got skillz!!!!

mymint87
04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
You are cooler looking than I thought you be.Hey everyboby "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME"

Dart food:naughty:

I can handle the darts....:postwhore

it's when you put me inside your spitoon or use me for TP....thats when I get pissed....:banned:

Gotta draw the line somewhere:welcome:

3Razors
04-16-2007, 12:30 AM
A fistfull of throttle!! I had a great time with everybody up there. The sand was pretty virgin in alot of places and the weather wasnt too bad for the beginning of april. Its not everyday out in the dunes you see a train of trikes snaking there way through the dunes. Everyone we rode by had to do a double take.

Awesome riding with ya Mike, next time we'll have to reverse roles so you can be the one to go off a razor back or hit a witches tit and I can hang back and take a pic of it. lol

As for the year of the KX its a 97.

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 02:03 AM
Can you get around out there at all with out paddles? I seen a few guys use them here on steep coal hill-climbs. I would like to go to the dunes but even if I ever had the chance I would be afraid of a rail coming across the top and meeting up with me, or even another quad or trike. Some people just don't pay attention and fly over the tops of places even here with out looking to see whats on the other side and thats what I'm always thinking and worrying about. That or someone is going to come flying around a corner on a tight single lane trail doing 70. Looks like fun though.

Dammit!
04-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Knobbies are a blast in the dunes. In a lot of ways I prefer them over paddles. Smoother ride and easier to slide around and throw some roost. I've even drag raced and did some hillshooting with 400ex tires at least years Glamis Trikefest and did pretty respectably with them.

As for the rails, yeah you have to be on the lookout for them. They seriously don't pay attention and apparently think they own the place. There's safety in numbers though. If you're there with a good group you'll be a lot safer.

FrankenWheeler
04-16-2007, 02:54 AM
I'll be there next year for sure!
I just finished the T3 a few days ago, just in time to sit in the garage all summer... :rolleyes:
I have a couple good friends that ride R's also, they'll be down too.

Great pics!!:beer

icp4life162005
04-16-2007, 04:43 AM
I would like to ride the dunes some day but I doubt I could ever go out west maybe somewhere here on the east coast. I was trying to talk my uncle into a summer dune trip/vacation but we really don't have machines that would fare well in the sand. He has a Shaft drive kawi 220 bayou with no balls and i have a 200E but i would like to get a R or X to ride there with.

Aussieduner
04-16-2007, 05:15 AM
That Tecate is sweet ! Hey Doug can we get a ride organised while im over June/July , maybe an afternoon gathering when its cooler ?

mymint87
04-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I'll be there next year for sure!
I just finished the T3 a few days ago, just in time to sit in the garage all summer... :rolleyes:
I have a couple good friends that ride R's also, they'll be down too.

Great pics!!:beer

WHOA:w00t:

When did you slip in here:welcome:

Good to see another So Cal Duner Twisting on Three.....I'm bunkered down in Jamul...Too bad we didn't post notice up here you probably would of made it...I even had room on the trailer for an extra trike..I'll keep you up on rides next season....we probably have about 4/5 scheduled rides during duning season with a :postwhore Glammy TwikeyFesty:postwhore in April to rap it up...:postwhore

Dammit!
04-16-2007, 12:38 PM
That Tecate is sweet ! Hey Doug can we get a ride organised while im over June/July , maybe an afternoon gathering when its cooler ?

Afternoon is when it's hottest. The way to go is to find somebody or even a couple of people that have air conditioned trailers. The heat isn't really so bad while you're riding but as soon as you stop it's just miserable. It'll be pushing 110 most likely at that time. Keep in touch with me about it and we'll see if we can work something out.

mymint87
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
:postwhore :pics: :pics: :pics: :postwhore

icp4life162005
04-17-2007, 12:06 AM
I like all the trikes in that pic, but I think i like the green one the most although I don't care at all for the solid aluminum front rim, and I think it would look better with shaved plastics then none at all. But thats my opinion and to each, his own!

Vealmonkey
04-17-2007, 12:23 AM
Mymint, I would have to finish the rd350 and drive out or have it shipped out. I would really like to have a crack at the treasure and give a home to a suspension 90 frame. Why you keep teasing me?! I think we could spare a couble bushels. We are starting to get some of our blues imported as it is. They are really cracking down on crabbing and oystering in the bay. You'll have to email me your address so I can send you a couple bushels. And do me a favor, steam them and don't boil them! I sent a bushel down to a buddy in florida and he promptly covered them in water and made a really nasty crab soup, man I was pissed. Ruined that whole bushel of crabs. You need a pretty big pot, we use alot of converted beer kegs, with a screen that sits a few inches of the bottom so the crabs aren't boiling in the water. Add a layer of crabs, sprinkle on the seasoning, crabs seasoning crabs seasoning. Don't forget a can or two of your favorite beer in with the water in the bottom. Have plenty of ice cold beverages some crab mallets and plenty of brown paper and moist towelettes for the sissies. The rest are what weekend and friends are made of. I know a guy who sells crabs and some he flies in from out of state. I can check on prices. Make sure the family sends you some seasoning and you have your crab mallets ready, the season is almost upon us.

ColeTrickle
04-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey what are all those funkey flags on there? All you duners seem to run em.

icp4life162005
04-17-2007, 01:50 AM
There called whips and the purpose of them is so you can be seen before your really seen like over the hill. That and sound in places like that even in mountains can play with your hearing.

Fox250R
04-17-2007, 06:09 AM
Is that a Kx500? looks freaking sweet! How did it run compaired to the other 250s/500s?

Trike Dude
04-28-2007, 12:19 PM
Hmmmmmm. Not sure how I missed this but I guess it's time to post up.

Guys, you have to go to Glamis as soon as possible. This was easily one of the best, no, the best riding I've done or at least can remember in my life. I will be planning to make it every April BY ANY MEANS! :)

The dunes were so smoove(yes smoove) and powdery and 3Razors is just such a killer leader that it was easy to just MELT into the whole DUNE experience.

I have decided to send out the 250R I have setting in pieces in the garage to Yardbird in multiple boxes so next year I will have my own trike to cruise the dunes on(assuming he's gonna assemble it all:naughty: ).

To answer Mrs. Moshman the little '86 250SX hauled my 215# arse around just fine. There were definately limitation to it but for the whole I give it an A! I had to stay in the throttle and remember to upshift but it was a blasts and I am in debitted to Doug and Michelle for being so kind and letting me cruise out to Oldsmobile Hill and back on it.

Minty's Mutt is a beast. Seeing him hillshoot that sucker up Oldsmobile hill past all those quads was a :w00t: . Never seen that many weeping quad riders in one place :lol:

At first glance 3Razors KX500 looks to set too high but once Jason got on it and hit the dunes I saw just what a monster it is. Truely a sweet conversion.

I gotta say after the Mother G experience I am trying to find a way to move out to the area so I can ride at will.

I sure hope April '08 hurries up and gets here :p