PDA

View Full Version : Did a little experiment today.......

InPiEcEs
04-14-2007, 12:59 AM
I was messing around in the garage today after putting a new cam chain tensioner on the CBR.
I kept thinking about the weak spark on my 250R, so I dug around and found a snowmobile coil I had laying around.
I mounted it to a ground, and hooked up the coil hot wire to it.
I still had to roll it over pretty good to get spark, but the spark was nice and fat.
Once I get this thing rolling, I'm gonna try a different coil on it besides the stocker, and see how it works out.
Does anyone have a cure for the rest of the ignition, besides going to a CR ignition?
Seems as though the internal coils are kinda weak to begin with, and age doesn't help. Can they be rewound or something?

pickleweasel_00
04-14-2007, 01:30 AM
let us know how the coil works out, i wana get a hotter coil for my tri-z

sandpuppi101
04-14-2007, 07:32 AM
FYI ,I found this out a few years ago... Some of the older arctic cat sled's with the Kami motors cross reference over to the ATC's ,You'd have to look at a book to do so but the condensor type coils are the same and the stator coils cross reference to the older 90's and 110's..Older recoild also,the dawgs and all are the same..

Mosh
04-14-2007, 08:22 AM
You can still get new coils from honda for the Trx 250r that will fit the atc 250r.Also Dennis kirk shows aftermarket Nology brand coils That will prolly fit the trike as well.You would have to call them to be sure.Ricky stator may have aftermarket coils as well.

InPiEcEs
04-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I took a look at Dennis kirk's site.
They have a Moose stator available, and one from Ricks, both around $150.