PDA

View Full Version : More 200X problems

Extremesounds13
04-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Well this is the same 85 200X I have been working on for a few weeks now, it starts good now and idles great, but if you give it some gas it starts missing and loading up, and as soon as you let go of the throttle it goes back to an idle and runs fine, I have gone through the carb 4 different times and checked the timing twice, please help me get this thing running once and for all, Thanks in advance

Russell 350X
04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Did you try a new spark plug? A carb kit may be in order.

84honda200s
04-11-2007, 01:09 AM
try to adjust the air mixture screw. it is the screw on the back side of the carb. if you dont know the stock setting i will post it up for ya just let me look it up rel quick.

ok i just looked set it at 2 1/4 turns out. that is stock setting.

big schott
04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
try to adjust the air mixture screw. it is the screw on the back side of the carb. if you dont know the stock setting i will post it up for ya just let me look it up rel quick.

ok i just looked set it at 2 1/4 turns out. that is stock setting.

Good advise but, he says the thing idels OK. This kind kills this thoery. Maybe the throtl needel is set too high or maybe the main jet has been messed with. I don't know the history on the machine but if someone before drilled out the jet the markings would mean nothing.

Just my 2 pennies.

Get another carb and try that. If it goes away, that was it. :wondering

icp4life162005
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
It could be the fuel source make sure the petcock is all the way in the on or reserve position and the clean your carb and make sure the float moves easy. and you can blow through the fuel nipple in put thing. ive already had stuff with the same syptoms and it was always just clogged up some where and get an inline fuel filter while your at it if you don't have one already.

icp4life162005
04-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Come to think off it my E did that once and i held her wide open until it cleared up she ran good ever since except a leaking carb