PDA

View Full Version : Operation TF07 Media Blitzkreig! Need all the 3WW troops to report inside

Billy Golightly
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
So heres the scoop, we're commencing operation Trikefest 07 media Blitzkrieg! I'm looking to get some help from the collective muscle of the forum into convincing a few of the ATV related media outlets such as Dirtwheels, ATV Sport, etc. that they need to come and cover trikefest, or at the very least mention it in their magazine. I've already wrote letters to most all of the magazines, but one letter isn't going to do much. Heres where everyone else comes in. I would like for each person who reads this thread and enjoys the site, or has attended trikefest in the past to take a few moments of their time and contact at least one of the places listed below.

For those of you grammatically challenged I've drawn up a template letter you can send to them where you can just fill in the blanks. It would be really good if you could just attach a small picture of your trike to the email if you use the template. And if you want to send a customized letter to them, that would be fantastic. Just please, remember to be courteous, spell check, and make sure you use good punctuation. If your really not sure whether its OK to send or not, feel free to post it here and the other members and I will review it for you. PLEASE do not send a single letter without proofreading it or having it reviewed by someone else Its extremely important that the letters these people receive be of good quality.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Hey (remove brackets, insert name of place being contacted here),

My name is (remove brackets, insert your name here) and I'm contacting you to let you know about Trikefest 07. Trikefest is the largest annual gathering of 3-wheeled ATV enthusiasts in the world bringing attendance from all corners of the USA, Canada, Germany, Australia and other places. Many people are riding quads now-a-days, but there are still quite a few 3wheeler riders and racers out there in the wild. Trikefest caters to these enthusiasts with a whole host of events including Motocross races, drag races, poker run, and hill climb. Every year things have gotten bigger and better. More people have attended, more custom and meticulously restored machines have showed up, and the competition has gotten tougher. Trikefest is held at Haspin Acres in Laurel, Indiana. The event days are June 22nd and 23rd but there will be lots to do there before then. For more information on Trikefest checkout this brochure: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/TF07.pdf You can also go to www.3wheelerworldforums.com which is where everyone hangs out at in between Trikefest each year. There are some great pictures located at Moto Lenz Photography from last years event:http://www.motolenzphotos.com/ I hope you will consider covering or mentioning this historic event that brings the roots of ATV recreation to modern times.

Sincerely,
(Your name here, remove the brackets)
__________________________________________________ _______________

So heres the list of people I've compiled we need to contact. Every time you send a letter, reply to this thread and state which one you contacted and whether you used the above generic letter, or a custom written one. I'd like to keep a tally of who all has been contacted, and how many times they have been. I'd also like to ask that each person send no more then one letter a week to each contact. I don't want to flood their email servers, just make them notice us :) If you have another contact that would be a good addition to this list, please feel free to reply and I'll make sure it gets added here. They don't have to be a magazine, anyone or anything that might be interested in Trikefest. Other ATV websites, Off-road television shows, anything that has good potential to give us more positive exposure. Finally, check the list before you decide who to send a letter to. Lets make sure we try and cover all contacts as equally as possible. 15 letters to DirtWheels and none to someone else isn't being efficient.

4Wheel ATV Action:
Contact Page: http://www.4wheelatv.com/contact.asp
Amount Contacted: 7

QUAD Off-road Magazine:
Amount Contacted: 6

CONFIRMED MEDIA ATTENDING/MENTIONING:

#1:
ATVScene.com
Contact Page: Closed, their coming!
Editor Contact: Closed, Their coming!
Amount Contacted: 3
John Pellan ATVScene.com has agreed to cover the event. :w00t: :w00t:

#2:
Australian ATV Action:
Editor Contact: Closed, Their printing an article!
Amount Contacted: 2

#3:
ATVSource.com
Contact Page: Closed, Their posting an article!
Editor Contact: Closed, Their posting an article!
Amount Contacted: 2

#4:
ATV Sport Magazine:
Contact Page: Closed, Article coming soon!
Editor Contact: Closed, Article Printed July 07 edition!
Amount Contacted: 14

#5:
ATVRiders.com:
Contact Page: Closed, Article Posted!
Editor Contact: Closed, Article posted! http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/trikefest20073wheeleratcevent.html

#6:
DirtWheels Magazine:
Contact Page: Closed, Article Printed July 07 edition!
Contact Info: Closed, Article Printed July 07 edition!
Amount Contacted: 17

DO NOT CONTACT ANYMORE:

ATVConnection.com

Any other ATV or off-road websites, forums, chat rooms, my space groups, etc that you frequent are also up for the blitzkrieg. Post the sample letter above or write your own, make sure you leave a link to the TF07 brochure. GIT IT RAAAAAG! :TrikesOwn

team-red-rider
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
hey Billy i sent your letter to dirtwheels ,AAA, ATV scene and ATV sport ( dont worry i corrected the mistakes in it LOL

Billy Golightly
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks TRR. I will update the tally in the first post.

Eric250R
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok....letter sent to Dirtwheels and ATV sport.

Billy Golightly
04-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks Eric, list updated :)

trikerider2oo7
04-09-2007, 07:59 PM
i sent it to dirt wheels, atv sport, and atv scene. should we really send it to 4Wheel ATV Action and QUAD Off-road Magazine since they directly refer to four wheelers in the name? just a thought

team-red-rider
04-09-2007, 08:08 PM
just think renaming it to 3 & 4 wheel ATV action

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 06:18 PM
OK tally updated. And yes, send letters to QUAD and 4 Wheel ATV Action magazine. Commone everyone else, lets get the MEDIA BLITZKRIEG going!

Tri-ZNate
04-10-2007, 07:00 PM
sent one to Dirt wheels, ATV Sport Magazine, ATVRiders.com, ATVConnection.com, ATVSource.com, Australian ATV, and ATVScene.com

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Updated, thanks Wheeliepop :)

Dammit!
04-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Is there anybody here with some writing experience that's 100% for sure going to be there? If so, offer your services to the magazines. I could do it but I'm not certain I'll be able to make it. Is that proffesional photographer going to be there again? By pulling the right strings the event could be covered without them having to send anybody out there at all. ;)

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
OK guys, EXCELLENT NEWS!

John Pellen from ATV Scene just contacted me and they most definitely want to come and cover the event :w00t: w00t: So I've got to remove him from the list and mark it as "Coming" GREAT work to everyone that contacted him. Now lets just see who else we can get on board.

And Dammit, yes, the photographer will be there for sure again this year.

Bryan Raffa
04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
one to 4 wheel atv action sent!
one sent to QUAD also

Dammit!
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey, mention the big ass article in the Aussie mag when you talk to these guys. Get their competitive juices going. Tell them the mags in Oz still have some balls. :lol:

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Tally updated, thanks Raffa!

insaneclowns
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
i sent to dirtwheels and atv sport maz

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
tally updated, thanks!

ditchmud
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Dirt wheels is how I found out about trikefest last year and you can bet i'll be there this year with a bigger crew!!!!!!!!

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 09:46 PM
good deal ditchmud! If you get a chance, write a couple emails to some of the places mentioned above. Thanks :)

Aussieduner
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Im already commissioned to do a feature on Trike Fest 07 for Australia ATV Action so thats covered Billy,also doing a Glamis and Dumont feature if i can get to those locations on my upcoming trip.

Aussie

Aussieduner
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Im already commissioned to do a feature on Trike Fest 07 for Australia ATV Action so thats covered Billy,also doing a Glamis and Dumont feature if i can get to those locations on my upcoming trip.

Aussie

PS
Yes Doug your right our mag does have balls !

InPiEcEs
04-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Sent to Dirt wheels......and ATV Sport.
Even though I can't make it there,again..... maybe I can read about it!!!;)

Billy Golightly
04-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Awesome deal Tony, I moved them to the confirmed list. And I've also updated the tally for dirtwheels and ATV Sport.

erectordale
04-10-2007, 11:55 PM
working on letters and pics for the whole list will get them out tommorrow morning asap

JackFlack
04-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Billy,

Sent a e-mail to each one on the list.

Russell 350X
04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Billy, I sent a email to Dirt Wheels, ATV Sport, 4wheel ATV action, and Quad.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
List updated, keep em rolling! Also if anyone else has any idea on other places we can contact leme know!

JackFlack
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Got this back from ATV Source,LLC

Hi,

We'll publish this event shortly.

Thanks for submitting it and any future ATV related events please do send us.

All the best!

ATV Source, LLC

Web site: www.atvsource.com

Russell 350X
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
That is AWSOME! Hopefully we get more reponses like this.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Got this back from ATV Source,LLC

Hi,

We'll publish this event shortly.

Thanks for submitting it and any future ATV related events please do send us.

All the best!

ATV Source, LLC

Web site: www.atvsource.com

Thats what I'm talkin about! :w00t: :w00t: List updated, moved ATVSource.com to the CONFIRMED list. Keep it going guys, see how much of a difference we've made already?

84honda200s
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
i filled out all of them but one of them. i wont be able to make it to tf07 but im hoping all the places i e-mailed will take my spot. good luck guys.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Which one did you not contact? Let me know so I can update the list.

I also just added Trikefest as an event on www.atvpathfinder.com :D

84honda200s
04-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Which one did you not contact? Let me know so I can update the list.

I also just added Trikefest as an event on www.atvpathfinder.com :D

i didnt contact QUAD Off-road Magazine.

brapp
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
due to my poor spelling and gramar i did not send anythign to any of them but later on i will sit my girlfriend down to type a few letters up. but i also ahve somethign else worked out that noone has mentioned yet.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 04:47 PM
List updated :)

Tri-ZNate
04-11-2007, 04:52 PM
ATVv scene and Australian shot me back an email saying, " We know and were on our way" lol

dizasterzrfun69
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
hey billy, theres at least one typo in your template. Its the last sentence. I think its supposed to be consider, not considering. ;) IM planning on sending out an email to at least dirtwheels and if i do i will post to let you know.

There are some great pictures located at Moto Lenz Photography from last years event:http://www.motolenzphotos.com/ I hope you will considering covering or mentioning this historic event that brings the roots of ATV recreation to modern times.

400exguy
04-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Just a thought...why doesnt someone contact some of the ATV Tv shows? There is a show on the Outdoor Channel and MOR. That would get a lot of coverage. I think they would come because they showcase riding places and new quads. Just because its trikefest ATVs go as well.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Whoops, typo corrected. Also everyone in the confirmed list, no need to contact them any more as we've already heard back from them. As for the TV Shows, one of out TF planners has been in contact with All Terrain TV after another member here (meat Box) contacted them initially.

dizasterzrfun69
04-11-2007, 05:21 PM
mark one more down for dirtwheels. :w00t: Now i just hope they write back :rolleyes:

84honda200s
04-11-2007, 05:42 PM
hey billy i have 3 email accounts. you want me to do it 2 more times ?

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
No, like the first post says don't send a message a contact more then once a week.

84honda200s
04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
No, like the first post says don't send a message a contact more then once a week.

ok will do i was just wondering thats all.

Rookie
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
sent to dirtwheel, atv sport, atv connect, atv riders. I couldn't send to quad or 4 wheel. something about a syntax error in 1 of my address field??? I used your template.

icp4life162005
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
hey rob, i say go for it if the other 2 are completely different. that drives up emails and how would the know it was 1 person that sent 3 instead of 3 that sent 1. ya know.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Like I've said twice now, please do not send more then one email a week to each contact. I don't want to piss them off.

List updated.

seadoo650
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Billy. Sent one to Dirtwheels, 4 wheel atv action and, Quad off raod magazine.

Also sending one to atv sport magazine now.

Billy Golightly
04-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Got it, list updated :)

Chevy200s
04-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey just wanted to let you guys know I emailed the 4 magazines and 2 websites not listed as closed. I used your template Billy and just added my name, but one other thing I did and I think this might be a good idea, I made a signature that neatly listed my trikes by year and model. Figured that might show how serious we are about our rides. Anyways, great idea, hope to see them this summer!

84honda200s
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Like I've said twice now, please do not send more then one email a week to each contact. I don't want to piss them off.

List updated.

dont worry billy i know better. im not out to get people pissed.

johnny's X
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Billy I sent them to Dirtwheels, Atv sport, Atv rider, Atv connection

Billy Golightly
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
List updated. Does anyone have any suggestions on where else we might be able to send these out to?

chris200x
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Billy, I wont be attending trkefest this year but I did just send a few emails and pictures to dirtwheels, atv connection and atv riders.

Edit: I was just replied back from a dave beckstom at atving.com and he seemed kinda pissed... :eek: This is what he says..

"Okay….stop the spam. Anything more than ONE EMAIL is spam. I’ve gotten at least 6 from you guys.

Maybe it would be wise not to send anymore to him. :lol:

Tri-ZNate
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
If he covers it he wont get any more spam :lol:. Come on chris ya gotta come this year

brapp
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
hey chris if you can take the time of fwork i willhave the room just ride out with usand chip in for fuel nand food

brapp
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
and i also forgot i talked to a friend who knows wes miller form the heuavos atv videos. i am goign to try and get him to come out for soem trike footage for the heuevos series.

Billy Golightly
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Chris did he really reply with that? If he did I should probably remove it from the list :lol:

chris200x
04-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Yeah Billy.. I copied and pasted that fill in form and sent a few out. He replied minutes later complaining about the spam emails. I don't know how to post the email so I just copied and pasted his reply.. It was with much bigger print though. :banned:

Billy Golightly
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
:lol: OK, I'll take him off the list. Just reply and tell him we hadn't got a reply so we didn't know if he was getting them or not :lol:

Billy Golightly
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Just got an email from Jerrod Kelley @ ATV Sport. Looks like they'll be doing an article in an upcoming issue. Great work guys.

Liquid-Darkness
04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
So from the looks of the first page, are we not sending any more letters?

Billy Golightly
04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
The 4 in the first box are still up for contact, as I have not received or heard any word from them. I would like to add some more contacts to that list but I'm not sure of who all else to contact.

Liquid-Darkness
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I sent my letter to atvriders.com. I hope this helps.

Bryan Raffa
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
how about these Billy

ATV magazine
ATV Illustrated
4 wheeler magazine
atv world magazine
atv scene.com

Billy Golightly
04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
ATVScene is alrady on board, and FourWheeler is for trucks. I will check for contact info on the others.

Billy Golightly
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/trikefest20073wheeleratcevent.html

Whoo Hoo! :w00t: Mark off ATV Riders :)

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2007, 07:02 PM
thats COOL!

Russell 350X
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Thats freakin sweet! This is getting better and better.

torker
04-20-2007, 11:54 PM
All of them contacted!!!

Keep at it.

TORKER.:TrikesOwn

Mosh
04-21-2007, 07:45 AM
and i also forgot i talked to a friend who knows wes miller form the heuavos atv videos. i am goign to try and get him to come out for soem trike footage for the heuevos series.Brapp.Have you had any luck with H-Bomb? I have been trying to get ahold of Wes since early Febuary and no luck.

Bryan Raffa
04-21-2007, 08:25 AM
hey whats wes's last name? Ill add him to my myspace and bombard it with links! LOL seriously!! anyone know?

Mosh
04-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Wes Miller

Billy Golightly
04-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks Torker, list updated. Raffa heres Wes's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/hbombwes

Bryan Raffa
04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
ya I have all ready got it billy just waitin to be approved!

SPECK
04-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Sent to Dirtwheels magazine

Billy Golightly
04-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Tally updated, thanks speck.

Billy Golightly
04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Just got an email from the Spanish ATV Magazine "De Quads Xtreme" based in Madrid. Not sure how they ran across Trikefest (I'm guessing ATV Riders) but I'm stoked none the less. They want to do a 6 page article on Trikefest for this year, I sent them the link to all the pictures Mike Davis took last year and told him I can do some small captions or write ups for each picture, or we could work on doing a whole summary of last years event. So if anyone can help me out with a couple paragraph write up on one particular event from your perspective that'd be great. You can PM it to me or post it here. This thing is getting BIG guys, lets keep the work up!

84honda200s
04-23-2007, 12:21 PM
i wish i could go. sounds like it will be a blast. good work guys. can someone post scans of the magazines when they come out ?

Louis Mielke
04-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Working on an article right now guys. If they're lucky I'll write the whole thing for them, they'll just have to translate.

Howdy
04-28-2007, 05:45 AM
I don't know if anyone seen this one, but I seen it and thought I would point it out.
http://www.atvpathfinder.com/event.cfm?event_ID=501

Can't forget this one either: http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=D5EF967E07AF484EAC5610D5B284D0AF

Howdy

Billy Golightly
04-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Nice Howdy! I had put in the ATV Pathfinder event a while ago but wasn't sure if it was going to show up or not. I completely missed the plug on DirtWheels website too...hopefully we can get a print from them pretty soon too...

Yamahondaman
05-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Just Received my new ATV Sport Mag.....July/August 2007 and on page 14 this article is on there......MORE GREAT ADVERTISING FOR TRIKEFEST 07

Russell 350X
05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Thats great! To bad I cant read the full page...wont expand enough...ill have to wait till i get my mag lol.

Billy Golightly
05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
I received my DirtWheels magazine (July) issue and found that they also had done an article on Trikefest. So that makes printed articles in both ATV Sport, and DirtWheels magazine not to mention the numerous internet mentions it has received. Everyone that participated in this, please pat yourselves on the back because you DID most definitely accomplish something!

Levithan
05-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Dang, I wish I could go! Im gonna have to wait til next year... :( Its over 1000 miles from Utah!

Aussieduner
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Australian ATV Action's lastest issue is also running a Trike Fest '07 ad page 18 , go the global advertising !