PDA

View Full Version : 350x swingarm with Powroll - How long?

jaykup
04-09-2007, 09:39 AM
I've got a 350x that I'm currently installing a Powroll 430 kit into. When it's finally done, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to want an extended swingarm. The problem is, what length should I go? I do a lot of trail riding (infact that’s 80% of the riding I do), and the rest is field riding, and smaller, tighter tracks. I won't be doing much sand dune riding either. I'm thinking of a +2 - +3 range.

Anyone had an experience with longer swing arms on a 350x with about the same riding style as me? How does it effect trail riding?

What other modifications do I need to do for the 350x to accept the longer swingarm?

NOS_350X
04-09-2007, 10:11 AM
When you go with the longer swinger to keep the stability you really need to get a wider axle or wheel spacers. My brother has a +6 on his x and loves it, i hate it but he likes it. Keep it stock and lean to keep that front down.

84honda200s
04-09-2007, 12:02 PM
thats what i do. the only problem with that is when you riding threw the woods the last thing you want is having to lean over the bars to keep it down. i know mine is only a 200s but almost anything that can be done is done to it. i cant keep it down unless i keep it around 1/2 throttle.