PDA

View Full Version : need help with tecate head toruqe an jetting

kasuki
04-08-2007, 09:25 PM
i have a 1984 tecate i just put all back together. i am putting on a new head gasket what is the head nuts toruqe need to be .also i have a stock pipe with no air box just a uni filtier right on the carb i am also at 0-800ft above sea level.what kind of jetting should i run with this set up.everything is stock other than the air filtier on the carb no air box. thanks for the help i plane on starting the trike in the next day or too.

kasuki
04-08-2007, 09:42 PM
thanks for the quick reply the head gasket should be here in a few days.ill use the specs you gave me.i do have stock jetting right now i was just a little concerned about not having a air box.

ccdhowell
04-09-2007, 03:21 PM
230-240 main jet should be about okay. Post up some pics when you get it done and share the jetting you end up with. I'm trying to sort out the jetting on my 85 T3 right now. I'm at a 240 main and 40 pilot. Main seems ok, but pilot is too lean. I run an airbox, DG pipe, VForce reeds and a stock 85 carb. Chris

kasuki
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
ill post pics when im done i am actually puting the trike together with all my extra parts. looks good if the trike runs really good i have another frame ready for paint, franks swinger,and a +3 axle. i bought the trike heard it run and tore it apart to restore so im just getting around to it now. top end was just rebuilt by la sleeve it has a steel sleeve put in so it can be bored over if need be.im just waiting on some parts to be able to start it.does any one know if you can change the counter shaft seal with out taking the lower end apart. i would like to change the seal without taking the lower end apart a local shop has the seal in stock.i just dont want to take the other one out and not be able to get the new one in.i heard you can do this on the tri-z and i think the 250r?.do you think it possible ??????