PDA

View Full Version : What paddles on a 200x?

yernkie
04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Anyone on here ever take a 200X to the dunes? What paddles would you recommend? I have always ran either Sand Stars or 9 paddle Haulers on my 400ex. What would work the best without robbing too much power?

RedRider_AK
04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Something light and maybe 6 or 7 paddles.

GPracer2500
04-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Having never run paddles on a 200x I can only guess. But I have run many different paddles on many different ATVs (from stock Blasters to modded Raptor700s). Just did a bunch of back-to-back paddle tire testing at the dunes last week with an 85 250r and a Rap700. When testing I focus on uphill sand dragging first and general duning a close second. What works best for dragging often works best for snaking too but some of that depends on riding style, aggressiveness, pace, and the specifics of the machine.

My guess is that you wouldn't want anything more aggressive than a 6 paddle Skat-Trak Glider on a 200x. In my experience, most machines wind up over-paddled. Seems like most folks pick a paddle and run it without ever realizing the performance advantage a different settup could offer. I would much rather error on the side of under-paddling than over-paddling. It's also much easier to over-paddle then under-paddle.

All my paddle tire testing experience has been in the ISDRA sand. I've gone to Coral Pink but always just "run what I brung". I mention that because different sand may require different paddles for the best performance.

just $0.02

okieRrider
04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
I see your in kansas are ya going to little sahara here in Ok? I would just run the sand stars on it. They should be fine. My son runs those on his lt80 and does fine out there.