PDA

View Full Version : tri-zinger yt60 oil pump

denn
04-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I have a tri-zinger 60 for my son. Is there any way to block off the oil pump. I always feel better mixing my own gas. Plus I use MC-1 which you shouldn't mix less than 32:1. I don't know what the oil pump makes the mixture ratio. And it seems like a pain in the arse to adjust and bleed, also makes for more throttle cable adjustment.

Thanks Denn

Vealmonkey
04-06-2007, 05:54 PM
The oil pump can be blocked off. The best way is to use the body of the oil pump as the block off. Once you remove the oil pump from the trike, you have to saw the shaft for the oil pump in 2 and remove the insides of the oil pump which leaves you with an oil pump base with a hole in it. Then all you have to do is buy and mix yourself up some jb weld, fill the hole in the oil pump base up real good, and let dry overnight. Try not to get any jb weld on the o-ring for the base of the oil pump. Sand the jb weld to make sure it's nice and neat and then just reinstall the jb welded base back into the block and you have a cheap oil pump block off- and the only block off for the yt60 that I have found by the way. When your letting the jb weld cure overnite, use some wax paper to sit the oil pump base on so as not to make a mess and the wax paper easily peels off the jb weld, unlike cardboard which has a tendency t stick. It will take a good 24 hours for the jb weld to cure. Also, you need to plug the hole in the carb for the premix oil injection and you can remove your premix oil tank from the frame. You can then cut the oil injection pump wire or remove it altogether. You could probably even use a throttle cable off another bike so you could just have a single cable without the ugly plastic cable splitter on it. Have fun. Also very carefully clean all the crud around the area where the oil pump block off now fits so none of the crud will fill down into your nice engine.