PDA

View Full Version : I need info before I buy my neighbours 250R

filipinoredneck
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
My neighbour up the street will sell me his Honda 250R. I forgot to ask what year it was. It doen't look abused. He said it scares the crap out of him. He bought it from his friend 2 years ago but can't control it. Fenders aren't too bad. There are cracks. It has a fairly new top end, new brakes, sprockets and chains, clutch, no rips on the seat, about 75% tread on tires. He said it runs great and I can take it for a test run before I give him $500.00. I know these don't go below $1500.00 up here in ontario, canada. I need to know what to look for when I do give it a final inspection and also during my test ride. I don't know too much yet, but I can't ignore this chance either. I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!:Bounce

Dammit!
04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Need to know what year.

Did it have radiators like the one in the picture below?

nouseforaname90
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes.. find out the year first. Is it A/C or L/C? Check the frame for cracks or welds.. check the cases for cracks; especially around the sprocket area. Make sure the front and rear shocks do not need rebuilt. Wiggle the rear end around and see if it moves alot.. if it does that means you are going to need new axle bearings. Uhm.. as long as it runs it shouldn't be too bad for $500.

edog
04-05-2007, 11:31 PM
picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspi cs

:welcome: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

traxxasx
04-06-2007, 04:05 AM
when it is sitting grab the grab bar and shake it side to side to see is the carrier bearings are bad. check the sprocket case and shifter case fpr welds or cracks.

TtownJoeShow
04-06-2007, 08:57 AM
lmao if you don't buy it i will!!!!

250rAL
04-06-2007, 12:39 PM
when it is sitting grab the grab bar and shake it side to side to see is the carrier bearings are bad. check the sprocket case and shifter case fpr welds or cracks.

It's really not a big deal to put rear axle bearings in and they're not expensive so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor.

ceaserthethird
04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Just go and buy it !

You can't beat the Price !

Brockey
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Ya for $500 you shouldnt worry about how much parts having to be replaced. I bought mine for $400 in pieces, destroyed.

TtownJoeShow
04-06-2007, 07:17 PM
i bet ya's hes been out riding it!!! lol damn!!!

traxxasx
04-06-2007, 08:48 PM
It's really not a big deal to put rear axle bearings in and they're not expensive so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor.

ya buy you can take him down some if it needed some.

Dave223
04-06-2007, 09:38 PM
hey guys dont forget, 500.00 Canadian is like hmm....15000.00 U.S. :D

Just kiddin ya guy, if its as hard to find as you say ,and 1500 is the lowest you could get for it, then its still a deal! It still allows you 1000 to play with before you take a chance losing any money. Carrier bearings are minor, cracks in the frame and engine cases are something major, so is a bad tranny,bad crank, etc. i would buy it!

filipinoredneck
04-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Well I broke the news to the wife tonight. I wont be picking it up for a month. I got to save up for it. I just bought 2 1/2 trikes in the last month. The guy isn't in a hurry for the money so I got time. I will be droping him off $100.00 retainer so he can't back out of the deal though. As far as the wife, she's only worried that I'm gonna kill myself on this thing. Except for hunting, I haven't really been on a trike doing stupid stuff for the past 25 years. I hope I can handle and learn how to ride this thing. You guys will give me some pointers on the right way of riding this beast RIGHT ? I'm so hooked on trike right now and looks like my son Lee is too and he hasn't been on one yet.:beer

TtownJoeShow
04-07-2007, 08:48 AM
i would go riding wi th ya!!....is there many trails or "dunes" over there? i'm in Trenton/Belleville area! theres some sand pits around and a few cool trails!!

OH and, could you please keep your ears and eyes open for some more deals like that!! lol that are close by.....i would go as far as toronto or ottawa for a $500 liquid cooled in half a** shape