PDA

View Full Version : DG Pipe packing ???

Skinut
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
i have a DG pipe on my tri-z 60 and it is extremely loud! and i have been reading up on packing it with fiberglass sheets? So i found some on ebay and i am wondering where i put it do i roll it up or wad it up and does it just go in the expansion chamber close the the so called silencer or what? any help would be great thankX

tecat-z
04-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Unfortunately the tri-zinger DG exhaust is a one piece design. It's all welded up. If you want to access the small silencer on the end you will have to grind off the 3 small welds and pull it off. I have a brand new system on mine and it's loud as well. Guess it's just the way it is. Be careful not to ruin your exhaust by grinding carelessly.

RedRider_AK
04-05-2007, 01:10 AM
Normally, there would be a single bolt holding in the "core" of the muffler (on the higher-end silencers, there's more than 1), which you would remove, slide the core out, wrap a bunch of fiberglass around it, and re-insert it. I suppose you could do what Tecat-Z said and grind it down, but then you'd need to rivet it back together.

Skinut
04-05-2007, 06:13 PM
cool thanks for the info guys i just ordered the fiberglass up we will see what happens