PDA

View Full Version : New here

mopar_man
04-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I've been reading on this website since the weekend. That's when I was offered a free trike. My sister-in-law's boyfriend was given this machine a little while ago. He says it's an 80's KLT 250 but he says it has the dual-mode differential. Since I know pretty much nothing of the Kawasakis (I grew up riding a Honda 200M), I sat down to do some research. I found that only the Prairie had that differential along with the KLT 200. I'm hoping to get out this weekend to get some pictures and come back here to find out if it's one of those 2 models or if it's actually a KLT 250 that somebody has swapped the axle on (not sure if that's possible or not with these, I haven't found THAT much about them). He tells me that one of the axles on the back was broken by a friend who got on the brakes too hard. He bought a replacement axle some time ago but it wasn't the right one and he never got around to returning it. He said he paid $100, which seems pretty cheap compared to the ~$200 prices I've been finding for the dual-mode axles. Anyway, I'll try and post some more information this weekend if I can get out to it. Seems like there's some decent information here.

edog
04-04-2007, 09:43 PM
picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspi cs

:welcome: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

team-red-rider
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
hey mopar man good choice in cars! and good choice in ATV's :w00t oh and :welcome

mopar_man
04-04-2007, 09:51 PM
picspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspicspi cs

:welcome: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. :lol: I'll try my best but don't get your hopes up. I was mentioning to him that I was looking for a rough bike for cheap that ran decent. That's when this one came up.

hey mopar man good choice in cars! and good choice in ATV's :w00t oh and :welcome

Thanks. :)

Russell 350X
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey, welcome dude. Hope ya find all ya need. Lets see pics of the trike!

SYKO
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
hola gringo!! so what kinda mopar we talkin bout?! hopefully a nice six packed 440 cuda in gett'm green with a black vinyl top! saweat! good score on the old kawa!

team-red-rider
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
ha alan it says in his sig a 340 cuda!

IrvSLedman
04-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Sweet. gotta love the cuda.. Ill always be a Bow-Tie man, but Mopar made nice muscle and the Cuda is one hell of a car..

Oh and welcome, and lets get some pics of that KLT:pics:

ATC-Eric
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the boards. Be careful, the little trikes are addictive!

torker
04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Watch out for the "TRIKE BUG".
You may get bitten...and love it.
Welcome to the boards....

TORKER.

Eric250R
04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: