PDA

View Full Version : sx in the sand???

kyle
04-28-2003, 09:40 PM
i was just wondering how my 86 250sx would do on the dunes? i was thinking if i ever get some extra cash i want to buy a new set of wheels with sand paddles on them and another set of wheels with holeshots or some good fast trail tires. i have mud busters on the stock wheels now.

als250
04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Kyle, unless you ride dunes alot, I don't know if I'd spend the $. Saw a guy at Attica with paddles on his trike,looked like they beat the sh%t out of him in the parking lot! I also have a set of Mud-Busters (22x11x8) for my sx, excellent in mud & snow! Just bought a set of Fast-Trekkers (22x11x10 on .190 Douglas rims) from www.rockymountainatv.com for $180.00 shipped! These are my trail tires. Really liked them at Badlands. When climbing hills (loose sandy material) the Mud-Busters would dig in as soon as I lose a little momentum, wanting to raise the frt. end :shock: . The Trekkers are wider and stay on "top" of ground better, RIP right on up! :twisted: Really think bases are covered with these 2 sets of tires! (for the places I ride ;) )

my .02

Al

kyle
04-29-2003, 10:51 AM
hey thanks for the reply. is an sx good in the sand?

Dirtcrasher
04-29-2003, 11:58 AM
I think a lighter quicker revving two stroke would zip through better. Once that heavy SX starts to sink forget it. But the again I've never had paddle tires on there either.

kyle
04-29-2003, 10:31 PM
i know a 2 stroke would do better but all i got is a 250sx and i dont have the money for anything else right now.