PDA

View Full Version : completed t3 pics and 86 tri-z

tecat-z
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Well thre Tecate is really startin to respond to jetting tweaks but it started gettin cold and rainy so i had to call it quits. Probably for the next couple of days at least. Gonna be to cold to get it right. Anyhow it's pretty much done in the cosmetic and mechanical stages. Here's a couple of pics of my 2 86 z's. The one on the floor is on its first bore and is all stock other than exhaust and reeds. It runs great and has been rock solid reliable in the 8 years i have owned it. The other one in the garage attic is one that i bought 3 years ago as a basket case and brought back with intentions of having a fast tri-z. It is 95% done just never fired it yet. Had Murdoch racing in Florida backcut trans, Stress relieve shafts, and tighten up forks in drum. The trans was hashed pretty bad and would have never stayed in gear under a load, which is why i had this done. I now have the full K motor top end which allows the use of stock tri-z head. In other words yz powervalve top end. Everything in this engine is new or reworked. Next winter i will finally get this one fired. I can only hope it runs as good as the tecate.:TrikesOwn

edog
04-03-2007, 10:25 PM
Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black86tri-z
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
look's like my garage, newer gm truck,bad ass stang and bad ass trike's!!!!!!!!what more could a man ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!:w00t: :w00t: who did the seat on the triz? moshman??????

scooterroo
04-04-2007, 08:10 AM
where did you get the number plate? is that an aussie number plate? the bikes look badass.

Bryan Raffa
04-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Nice Raggg's ya got there!!!

tecat-z
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
The #plate is a brand new replica of the now sought after UFO. It fits great and is made out of what seems to be extremely tough material. I got mine from Don located in Michigan. 1-989-883-3135. Very nice guy. He says green are coming very soon and the tecate red ones are availiable. Yeah, still like the tri-z's comfort and handling. Not to mention they are just awesome to look at imo. The tecate was just a project i did, to see if i would like it. Well i do, and made a ton of improvements to it to bring it up to more modern standards, with some of the old school look of the JWR of the past thrown in.

ATC-Eric
04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Very nice collection! Good work.

ceaserthethird
04-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Awesome Job , Now go ride them ...

How much did it set you back on each Trike ?

tecat-z
04-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Lets just say that between all of my 3wheelers i could have bought several brand new 450s. But hey, anyone can do that. Nice easy payments and all. Nah, i like doing it the fun way, taking trash (some of them were) and turning them into treasure. And besides i am a die hard 2 stroke fan, since i was weened on a 79 RM 80 then a 84 YZ80. Then owned many different full sized rm's, kx's, and yz's. I have my share of 4 stroke atc's for mild trail use and putting around the yard as well. It's a challenge to me to try and keep the game tight with my friends who have the 450's. Even if its all for fun, and usually played out in the sand when we're just free riding.

BigGreenMachine
04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
That Z is sweet! By far the nicest colours IMO.

Orangecnty250r
04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Nice rides...didnt know someone was making those Number plates already

maggiesboy
04-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice work!

BigGreenMachine
04-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I think it came as a surprise to us all Orangecnty.