PDA

View Full Version : stupid recoil

84honda200s
04-03-2007, 01:22 PM
i keep snapping recoil cables. i tried a 1/4 inch cable and it broke. wtf is going on ? sure i have 12:1 but still.... ive gone threw 2 cables. should i try a thinner cable ? like 1/8 or something. if i cant get a cable to hold up i will be looking for a 200x bottom end and use it because it has a kick start. please guys help me out. im supposed to go riding this coming week.

edog
04-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Pm sent.......This must be your lucky day.

icp4life162005
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
plastic coated wire rope works great!

84honda200s
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
yea i know i tried that too. i have broke almost everything you can think of.

ATC-Eric
04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Have you though about the starter kits?

3 weelin geezer
04-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Do you ease it up to the compression stroke or just pull at any time? I figger you do this because when I do it thogh, The handle goes right through my fingers and it hurts like hell. Lots of sudden stretch on the cord there. I pull it out until it gets compression, let it back in to get a good start. Then, I get it compressing again, follow through pulling it fast once it goes over tdc. Or I whack my knuckles on the gas tank and exclaim a few choice words and watch my hand grow like a balloon. (well maybe thats exaggerating but it sure feels like it.)

84honda200s
04-03-2007, 11:10 PM
yea i ease it up. with 12:1 im not going to pull like its a lawn mower. lol ive had it stall in a creek or mud and try to start it. that handle gets as slick as a pig in mud. im with ya man ive cranked my hand on everything possible. i then said every word possible.

atc-eric

i have thought about a kit. but i also thought about the riding i do. i go threw water that sometime is as deep as the bottom of my fuel tank. so i decided against it.

edog
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Sound like you need a 200X bottom end.:naughty:

Nick_R_23
04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Ive got the same problem with my 200 also...Ive gone thru every rope imaginable. But I also have a stock piston, and no decompression, but its easy to turn over, the rope just snaps all the time. I also ride through deep water (sometimes covering the entire machine) I dont see how but water might have something to do with it? Ill be interested to see if someone can fix this.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Honda Junkie
04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Try to use rope from a outboard motor you can get from any boat shop or like i do use lawmower rope, not out of your push mower go to a lawmower shop and get the biggest diameter rope the shop sells, mines lasted for years with tons of abuse and compression, also wind it with more rope than you need, it keeps tension off your knot.

Aka_am
04-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Pullstart sucks, I'm looking into that..200x thinger..lol :D

And I think edog is trying to tell you something.

82'185s
04-04-2007, 12:53 AM
lol heres something i thought was funny. A buddy of mine just got a 81 ATC 200 and it was a mofo to pull it completely totaled the starter i put on it...keep in mind he paid $90 for it.....i could tell the motor had been apart because of the silicone everywhere but i figured i take a look in it to see whats up and got it apart and it has a 2mm over, high comp piston, and the people he got it from had no idea they didnt even know it ran....what im wondering is why it has more power now that i put a stock jug and piston back on it then when it had the high comp piston

84honda200s
04-04-2007, 01:06 AM
Pullstart sucks, I'm looking into that..200x thinger..lol :D

And I think edog is trying to tell you something.

i know but i dont have any bones to spend lol. i want to so bad but i cant afford to spend any money rite now. i may be moving so i need to save money for that. good thing i got the engine running today. but that stupid ass recoil is driving me up the walls. i hate them danm things. grrrrrrrrr i want to hit whoever invented the recoil. THEY MUST PAY FOR THE HELL THEY HAVE CAUSED. lol

edog
04-04-2007, 07:11 AM
The stock pull starters were meant for the low stock compression.Not the high compression you are running.:D

Aka_am
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Pullstart sucks, I know. I got a 200s, and it's always trying to rip my arm off (I guess your susposed to ease into it, I'll have to try that) or it's catching on the cage, and the pullstart jamming.

The other day, it was so bad I couldn't even get the cover off. over the summer I got new springs, and dogs, and now the springs broke..there not even springs lol. So I wasted all that money for nothing. I'm mad at it now..it at the neighbor's and there messing with it (I traded some chrome harley forward controls to get it running lol, I had no use for them)

traxxasx
04-04-2007, 06:40 PM
You guys are babys. Oh wow 225dx high comp piston. So easy to start. You dont just yank at it, it will rip it out your hands. GRab the rope pull slowly till it catches, pull on it a little let off pull on it a little let off then give her a yank, works like a charm eveytime.

IrvSLedman
04-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Lol Traxxasx, those 200's can be a total bear to pull start, trust me, Mine has ripped the tips of skin off my fingers and broken all ropes.. unless you have delt with one you wouldnt understand.

84honda200s
04-04-2007, 10:30 PM
the 200s is allot different than any other trike in my opinion. like stated above you would have to own one to understand. i have yanked my shoulder out before. but i still love my 200s. but now it is a 200xsm. the engine is off a x but the tranny is off a s . well actually the cylinder is off a 200s too. but im keeping it because its bored 2mm with the 12:1.

IrvSLedman
04-04-2007, 10:38 PM
well shesh man, if your gonna get a X bottom end, maybe you should just go all out and get a 200x..? I mean unless your all about the hardtails.. Actually I think the next trike i wanna get is a 185s or 200s... i miss the old hardtails.

84honda200s
04-04-2007, 10:43 PM
im sticking with the hardtail. there is no worries of having to replace shocks and so on. plus i dont have the bones to get a x frame and everything else i would need to complete a x.

IrvSLedman
04-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Ahhh.. an all to common problem.. well the hardtail comes after the toy i will hopfully be getting here soon, and its deff not a hardtail..lol, 07 XR650.. thats gonna be one mean machine.

84honda200s
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
hellz yea. im also working on a diff. toy other than my trike. i am finally working on my 440cc l/c go kart. it will be kinda fast. lol im kinda retro fitting it into a old frame till i get a better liter frame. but for now it will work.