PDA

View Full Version : A few quick questions 1983 ATC 200

Nick_R_23
04-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Well after a long winter of it sitting and nothing to ride, ive decided to rebuild the motor in my 83 200 which badly needed it. Ive gotten it down to the crankcases with the centrifugal clutch off. Im about ready to take the normal clutch off, but it takes a special tool to get the nut off. Does anyone know what Im taking about or where to get one cheap, or have one they want to sell? Also does it unscrew normally or backward like the centrifugal clutch nut does? The manual doesnt specify, so I thought Id make sure rather than screw up a good nut.

And does anyone know how thick the padding is supposed to be on the centrifugal clutch shoes? Mine still have the 3 grooves but they are barely less than 1 mm thick.

What causes burnt valves? Mine arent too bad (I bought a new set to replace them anyway) they have huge burn marks on them. I dont want to ruin my new set so what do I look at for the cause?

Also does anyone have a new or Nos 200 or 200x piston lying around? I would prefer at least 25 over but 50 over would probably be better. Id rather not buy another piston from ebay due to expence and also my experience with it last time. Thanks

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Nick_R_23
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Well i got the clutch tool so ill have that apart and start cleaning stuff tonight. I hope to have the bottom end mostly put together by the end of tomorrow.

Anybody got answers to the other questions?

-Nick :TrikesOwn

oscarmayer
04-05-2007, 09:47 AM
burnt valves can be caused by several reasons. one of the most comming I would assume on a trike is age and neglect. Also another thing that can hurt them is a cracked or leaking exhaust gasket at the head. if cold air gets in and hits those hot valves it can crack them or "burn" them.

Hope this helps some.