PDA

View Full Version : 2007 MX trikes - the competition

atctim
04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
OK guys.......I am almost done with my MX trike for 2007 (TF and various Ohio race events)

I want to see the competition! If you are planning on racing this year, let's see your race machines. I am curious to see what I am up against. I know of a few sweet MX'ers trikes out there (Kintore - 3Legg) Let's see the rest.

atctim
04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Well - here is mine - minus the head pipe that is out being powder coated gold.

http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/maverick1.JPG
'84 250R
http://www.venustel.com/~tkeister/maverick2.JPG

dizasterzrfun69
04-02-2007, 12:52 PM
hows the suspension on that when your mx racing? I have 2 84's but havent really mx'd either of them. How is it up against the liquid R's in the mx? I think dennis kirk or rocky mountain had a progressive rear spring for the 83-84 R's.

atctim
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
hows the suspension on that when your mx racing? I have 2 84's but havent really mx'd either of them. How is it up against the liquid R's in the mx?

Don't know yet......just got it back together. I took it on a trail ride with the OTC when I was 1/2 done working on it.

I have not yet ridden it since the suspension has been fixed or since I put the power reeds in it.

WAITING for my head pipe!

keister
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Here is my TF07 racer for the semi-suspended class. Has a new tank and carb and still runs strong. The cut fenders and plastic tank give it a racy look; while the front and rear racks keep me weighted down, so I won't be losing precious time in the air.
Here is a neighbor kid riding it around my yard yesterday. As fully racked hard tail racers go, the '85 200S might have an outside shot at the podium.

Derrick Adams
04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I think you know what i'm bringing to the game this year.:naughty:

I would suggest a set of 400EX rear hubs for that baby.. Wider IS better!

That thing is really looking sweet since I last saw it. Looks like a true racer.:drool: It should do just fine in the MX races at Smith Road and TF. Sunset Ramblers may be a bit rough. How does it feel compared to the X? Power and suspension wise.

Lets see..... What do I know of so far....hmmm, Well I know Dusty is bringing his Z to the big show this year. 200excellent is getting a fully built MX-Z to run from yours truely. I know MyMistress86R is tuning on his bike right now and Rick is in the middle of his build.

Those people I know for sure are down for some MX this year. We'll see if any other pics show up. It's still build-up time for most of us. You just finished early. (That does not give you brownie points!)

ANYHOW..... Here's the most recent state of mine.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l34/Derrick_Adams/tri-z%20build/Zassembly6.jpg

Bryan Raffa
04-02-2007, 09:25 PM
heres mine right now gettin a bore,and new ceramic coated piston..

seadoo650
04-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Here are a few current pics of mine. Well, not really current. It's all apart and every metal part goes to get pc'ed tomorrow. Motor will probably get assembled the weekend after Rumble (hear that Max) :naughty: and the plastics are on the way. I still got to get the seat up the the Mosh's to get done. (Rob, call me). And of course one concept pic. I also still gotta get all the suspension done. (With big D's help) ;)

Kintore
04-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Everything is looking awesome guys! Rick, yours is coming along really nice!

Mines the same as ever, putting the new numbers and decals on, Nerfs are off.And now im just riding it as much as I can. Starting to get pretty good! Pipe is blasted and painted black as well since this pic.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/JoshTriZ/Casper/P2100055.jpg

edog
04-02-2007, 10:19 PM
heres mine right now gettin a bore,and new ceramic coated piston..

Your fork boots scream "LOOK AT ME? LOOK AT ME?"

What does ceramic coated piston top do for the performance?

Bryan Raffa
04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Pistons are the highest stressed and the most critical part of an internal combustion engine. This is especially true for a two stroke motor. The four cycle piston only sees heat from combustion every other stroke, and in between, it has a full stroke to be cooled by the fresh incoming air. To further aid cooling, four stroke pistons are often cooled on the underside by oil spray and runs in a cylinder with no ports to interrupt the rings.

The two stroke piston sees the heat of combustion on every stroke without the benefit of a cool intake stroke or oil spray. Also, the two stroke cylinder is full of ports that attract heat, especially on the exhaust side where the hot gases flow directly over the crown on their way out of the cylinder, building even more heat in the cylinder near the exhaust port. This extreme heat can burn the little lubrication that the piston skirts see. This is why the piston is the weak link in the two stroke motor.

holding heat in the combustion chamber where that heat can be used to power the motor, rather than dissipate through the piston where it can weaken and burn the piston. This allows
the piston to run much cooler and stronger. Piston skirts are coated with PC-9, a
low friction/anti-seize coating to reduce frictional loses and piston sticking.

edog
04-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Are all skirts coated with PC-9?

sandpuppi101
04-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Mine is in mid stage of the build,got another I can't talk about also,Raffa for a Z that thing look's sick!:drool:

Jason Hall
04-03-2007, 07:58 AM
I have the 450r race ready, well almost. The shortened Cr Inverted forks are by far the best mod yet, jumps AWESOME. I also just picked up this 86 roller for a real good price. So If I can do It I just might run 2 classes at TF07. If not, then maybe someone else can volentier to run the 250, Aussie? I will pluck the heart from my TRX again & transplant It Into the trike. My poor quad never runs for long :D

seadoo650
04-03-2007, 08:06 AM
I have the 450r race ready, well almost. The shortened Cr Inverted forks are by far the best mod yet, jumps AWESOME. I also just picked up this 86 roller for a real good price. So If I can do It I just might run 2 classes at TF07. If not, then maybe someone else can volentier to run the 250, Aussie? I will pluck the heart from my TRX again & transplant It Into the trike. My poor quad never runs for long :D

Looks like a good bike for the miss's. All the girls are doing it nowadays.:eek:

Jason Hall
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
seadoo650, the wife has a 86r also. Hers Is white & black with a short track kit. I just might have to rob some parts from her R though. I kinda like the sharp turning radious of the short track set up.

seadoo650
04-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Cool. Is she racing any this year? Smith Road, TF. Better check with her bofore ya start robbing parts. I know my wifey hates it when I do anything to her bike without checking first.

Just remember you can run faster scared than she can angry. LOL

Jason Hall
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes, I don't think It would be a good Idea to start robbing parts. I just don't think she will like or need the sharp turning of the short track kit. It might be a problem for her. Yes, she will be racing. We will miss the first race at Smith Rd. But we will be at the other 2. I'm sure she will race a TF also.

oldsking86
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Seedoo650 I LOVE that blue color on your bike! To bad they don't make that color choice anymore cause I would really want them fenders!

Louis Mielke
04-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Seedoo650 I LOVE that blue color on your bike! To bad they don't make that color choice anymore cause I would really want them fenders!

Save your pennies bud, there is more of that blue plastic to be had after TF07.

Mosh
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I will be on the same old rag:lol: .But with new top end and some Jason Hall porting:naughty:

or I could go back to the old shaft machine:D

Bryan Raffa
04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
come on guy's what are you hideing for 07 break it out!:drool:
There's alot of missing bikes I dont see!:D

greenhuman
04-06-2007, 09:25 AM
You want Aussie to race your 250R? Do they have an "old nancy boy Uncle Milton" class?

3leggeddog
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
come on guy's what are you hideing for 07 break it out!:drool:
There's alot of missing bikes I dont see!:D

i think everyone is tired of seeing my bike,i have posted so many pics lately,lol:pics: :pics: :pics:

i am sure i have been keeping e dog happy though:pics: :pics: :pics: :TrikesOwn