PDA

View Full Version : Me and my trike and a little of your help

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Hi my name is jeremy im 18 and i live in unityville pa with my mom and 13yr old sister. Its a a hickhole about 15-20 miles to Bloomsburg. I own a Franken-trike. It started out as a 200E big red chain drive hi low yada yada yada. Well about a year ago my sister was cruzing down the road just down from my house and hit a huge pothole from a farm tractor. The thing flew ten feet in the air and landed on the back axel bending it horribly :cry: and broke my baby. well I ended up getting a back axel from ebay (stock off junk bike) once she was goin again i was :p :p :p :cool: . Then a month later my sister had it at a friends (after she was healed enough to put around again) and let someone ride it. they thought they were going to show off flying through the woods. well in the end the plowed a log with the one side of the forks. she limped it home and i went ape-sh1t. thankfully i got a free 200m rolling frame from a friend with a new sprocket for free :D so i put the 200e motor in that. that was great for about 4 months until i left for the weekend and my little sister decided to steal it for the weekend. she ended up letting another one of her retarded friends ride and they bent the forks AGAIN. But it was still rideable so i rode it up intill tonight. it wasn't to bad it just pulled like mad. I got fed up with it pulling tonight and went to put on a 185s front end and this brings me to the your help portion of things. I broke 2 of the studs that holds the plate that holds the front axel on off by accident. they were rusty and snapped when tightened. how do i take the out to put new ones in :wondering :confused: the frame may also get the 185s rear end two for more torque (brand new smaller sprocket). and 22"s by 11x8. Thanks for the help if you can and sorry for the long winded post. Jeremy

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Almost forgot I want to hopefully buy a 250R or 350X in the next few weeks to a month providing no problems come up financialy. let me know if you have one that hasen't been beat to crap and is NOT way pricey.

Dammit!
04-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Almost forgot I want to hopefully buy a 250R or 350X in the next few weeks to a month

DON'T LET YOUR SISTER RIDE IT! :lol:

If there's enough thread left on those broken studs you can put two nuts on it and tighten them against each other and use that to remove the stud.

84honda200s
04-01-2007, 01:18 AM
welcome to the forums. if you want torque get a 350x. as for the studs you may need an easy out. as dammit said KEEP YOUR SISTER OFF YOUR TRIKE or you may not have a sister or trike. chain it to a tree and you will be all good. good luck

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Don't worry she will never ever EVER ride it. and are the studs reverse threaded as in clockwise to loosen or is it counter clockwise to loosen??? Jeremy

Dammit!
04-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Righty tighty, lefty loosey.

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 01:44 AM
honda is like the energizer bunny. it keeps going and going and going.................

I agree with your sig mine has taken a beating and is still going and going.

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Alright I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the stupid reverse threads and make it harder that its already going to be. And i still remember that from when I was like 5 or 6 and my pap taught me that LOL.

jason 32
04-01-2007, 02:32 AM
also -when puttin a machine together use lock tight!!! it is great!!
just a couple of drops and your good to go-
its made in different strengths- red is the strongest this will break your bolts after its dry when removing if you use too much---- great for head,and cylinder bolts---
also 2 smokers

blue is the medium grade- great stuff

icp4life162005
04-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Anybody else have a cobbled together franken-trike on here?