PDA

View Full Version : Another quick question (70 rear bearing seals)

Dammit!
03-31-2007, 05:42 PM
This was unexpected. The two rear bearing seals that I received in an All Balls kit do not match each other. Every trike I've ever done the seals were the same on both sides and I don't remember them being different when I took it apart. Is this right? Which one goes on which side?

The goofy one is on the left. The one on the right looks like you would expect. On the goofy one, is that "flap" for lack of a better word) supposed to be there? That's the side of the seal that has the spring so that should face toward the bearing which makes that flap seem even more out of place. :wondering

edog
03-31-2007, 06:31 PM
Looks like it was left on by accident.

Maybe you should trim it off.

Dammit!
03-31-2007, 06:33 PM
That's what I thought too but I've cut things without doing a little research before so I thought I'd ask. :lol:

Even without that piece though, the seals are not the same and I don't know which goes where or if I got an incorrect seal or what. No mention of it in my manual.

DeePa
03-31-2007, 06:51 PM
the fiche on bike bandit has them being the same part numbers for the bearings and seals on each side.

mike

Dammit!
03-31-2007, 07:16 PM
They're the same on service honda as well. There's also another part though on the sprocket side. 42303-957-000 Collar, Oil Seal. It goes on the outside of the bearing seal. Maybe that's what I'm looking at? In that case my bearing kit should have come with this thing and two seals though. I'll ask dads what the deal is.