PDA

View Full Version : Help my head leaks. Hehe...

rabid_elephant
04-28-2003, 10:44 AM
:twisted:

I have a old crappy 185/ with 200 engine on it i pulled it out the bushes and got it running. The reason i parked it was becouse 2 years ago or so i got someone to overhaul it. They instaled a wiseco 12:1 piston. I put on a 200x carb and a few other mild performance parts. Well After about a month the head started leaking. So i parked it all winter becouse i was told it would mess the valves up if it sucked in cold air. Um well what can i do to fix this. I am too lazy to take the motor out the frame and put a new gasket in. :rolleyes: so i was wondering if theres any kind of silicone i could slab around the head and let that be that?

That is if retorqing doesnt work. if i cant it fixed other than it using a little oil should it mess anything up? I think i spent around 4-500 rebuilding this thing. Really its a new motor top to bottom. New head/jug/piston/timing chain name one thing in that motor and ive probaly replaced it.

FullBore
04-28-2003, 10:48 AM
You could try and nip it down a little with a torque wrench, is that doesn't work it needs a new head gasket and maybe head skimming if its a bit warped.

Nat