PDA

View Full Version : My first 200x

MADATC
03-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Alright, as stated i bought my first 200x about 3 weeks ago. Got it home and noticed I needed to give it a little TLC. I've replaced the front tire, axle bearings, clutch lever assembly. I have have gotten a new carb intake boot becuz the current one is split, and new DG header. I need to hook up the parking break and reattach the air intake to the carb. :rolleyes:

Anyway, to the point, I noticed when I have the trike idling there's some smoke. first off I'm no mechanic, and would like to know what would cause this and whether I can fix it or have to take it in. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2strokeBandit
03-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Is it a light blue smoke, or is it more dark kindof black smoke? It could be from bad rings or maybe best case its running rich.

MADATC
03-27-2007, 12:35 PM
it's a blueish smoke.

SYKO
03-27-2007, 12:48 PM
it may have worn rings and/or valve seals, but if the bike has been sitting for along time it may smoke untill it clears up, my 200x smoked like a blown up japenese zero untill about a month later it stoped and hasnt smoked since.

xman23
03-27-2007, 01:17 PM
does it do it just on start up, or while your riding it the whole time, mine used to smoke just on startup and then it went away once it warmed up, i replaced the valve seals and it doesnt smoke at all anymore

Mike_Ham_250R
03-27-2007, 04:50 PM
it may have worn rings and/or valve seals, but if the bike has been sitting for along time it may smoke untill it clears up, my 200x smoked like a blown up japenese zero untill about a month later it stoped and hasnt smoked since.
It probably hasn't a drop of oil in it. LOL. Just kidding.

threewheelin-feelin
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
if it smokes on start up its a valve seals and is a pretty easy fix...if it smokes all the time its rings but if you are gonna have to take it apart id replace both while i was in there

MADATC
06-04-2007, 02:42 PM
it doesn't smoke on startup, but after I run a couple laps around my yard, the smokes starts coming out and doesn't stop.

team-red-rider
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
thats how my KLT is lol

Dirtcrasher
06-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Keep your oil full and enjoy your trike. Or dump a bunch of money into it for little performance improvement, but the smoke would go away. I'd just have fun with it and invest your cash in another one that you'll most likely want now that you have the addiction...

crazyratt
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
My trike smoked bad, look at the pic over my name. Needed new piston and rings. Looked like who ever bored it last did it free hand.