PDA

View Full Version : just got a 79 atc110

dan1983
03-26-2007, 10:38 PM
hey guys ive been lurking around here gathering info about my new toy. i just picked up a 1979 atc 110 on saturday for 270 dollars.......i think it was a good price. so far it runs pretty good but it could be better.
it had the original tires on there and they are all ballooned. i had to replace the front due to dry rot. the rears hold air but are really sloppy ald fold over pretty bad when turning.
anyone know where to get some tires for cheap? i been looking on ebay and havent seen much. i dont want to spend another 100 for two new tires from farm n fleet.

also any tips or service info will be very helpful.

Vealmonkey
03-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the boards. You have bought a real fun trike to start off with. Try to look for cheng shin tires at your local bike dealer. Here at the yamaha dealer, you can get them for about $35 a piece. They are pretty much a copy of the original tires. Do not overinflate the tires, they should only be around 6 pounds of air pressure. Invest in an inexpensive low air pressure gauge and get yourself a shop manual, they both will help you maintain your new trike. Also, don't use synthetic oil in your trike cause it will often mess up your clutches and the bike won't move.

dan1983
03-26-2007, 10:59 PM
i wanna change the oil, i think in a post on this site said that i should use 10w40? is that correct?

Vealmonkey
03-27-2007, 04:17 AM
That oil will work fine. Also under the right side cover where the dipstick is, there is or should be a little square screen which is technically considered the oil filter. You should try and find a set of gaskets or try getting at least the right side cover gasket at the dealer and remove the right side cover and clean that square screen. They can get dirty enough that it can block the flow of oil.

oscarmayer
03-27-2007, 04:01 PM
hey veal, is this the same with the honda 185S

dan1983
03-27-2007, 10:24 PM
i keep fouling out plugs, so today me and a few friends changed the oil, took off the carb and cleaned it out. open the air box and there was half of rotted filter and a rats or birds nest in there.
where can i get a decent filter? iv seen a uni filter on ebay, is this a good filter?
anyone have any idea why i keep fouling plugs??