PDA

View Full Version : Tecate flattracker update and pics

DixiePlowboy
03-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, there's been little progress since the last pics, but I figured I'd go ahead and post something new.

Parts/mods since my last pics include: an axle/srocket hub (thanks mnsstuff!), various mounts, moving my tank back 3/8" using 2 extra set of tank mounts butchered/ground steering stops, forks lowered about 5 1/2" as per JWR maunual specs with new seals/10W fork oil,and a temporary number plate(will be replaced with Aussie's when they're ready). The swingarm was already lengthened 2" in my last update.

I'm about to get ahold of a 300EX shock put my shortened link on. Then a 22x11x10 Front Max tire and a set of 18x9x10 Hoosier Tri-Tracs on 10x8 3+5 wheels will be added. To complete the chassis phase after those additions will require brake pads, a chain slider, a little engineering on the front caliper or another caliper, a clutch perch, either getting my front brake master cylinder to work or getting another one off something, and a tether kill switch.

My cylinder is away being ported/head decked, and I'm gonna put new crank bearings/seals and a new lower rod bearing in the bottom end before I mount it up. I'll put a set of reeds in the block, seal up the cracks in my intake boot, and either rejet my Mikuni 38mm flatslide or get an FTZ 39/41.5mm taperbore Mikuni with an open filter winding the intake up. Then a new DG pipe/DG aluminum silencer will control the afterburn.

At this point, I'm either planning to lighten a RS flywheel, or get a KX setup.

I've got roughly a month and a half to get it together and on the track.

BTW, I know the $7 seat cover looks a little whack, but it's temporarily held with 76 thumbtacks. I'll stretch it and shoot it down.

oscarmayer
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
nice project!

scooterroo
03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
looking good plowboy.

digity x
03-26-2007, 02:57 PM
looks real good the white frame looks good too with the green fenders and tank.

DixiePlowboy
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks go to scooteroo on the basic green on white color scheme idea. There may be others, but his was the first I'd seen to incorporate white on a major scale, though his looks better. To me, it cleans up the look of a Tecate a lot to include a lot of brightness.

cr480r
03-26-2007, 04:57 PM
lookin good... IMO white frames look real clean on any bike... especially green ones..