PDA

View Full Version : Brake Bleeding just got easier

seadoo650
03-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know about a new product out on the market. Supposed to make brake bleeding an ease. I hav'nt tried it yet but as soon as I do I'll post up the results. This guy is local and the concept seems like it will work. I know I hate bleeding brakes and all those fancy tools are just too expensive. I think I paid around $10.00 for this product. It is supposed to be able to to either the front or rear brakes on any vehicle (car) so I figured it should be good for about two bikes (front and rear), maybe more. It does come in dot-3 and dot-4. As far as I know it is only available through our local Car Quest stores here in central Ohio.

Keep in mind that this is still very new and the web site is still in process. There is contact info on the site so if your interested then give him a shout. I'll post results up later today.

www.bleedingedgepro.com

Let me know what you think.

Also, If anyone contacts this guy make sure to tell him you heard about it from Dawn (grilsride2)and Washington auto parts (carquest). Lets help a local guy out.

Liquid-Darkness
03-25-2007, 10:38 AM
That looks like a cool product. Makes it seem easyer then doing it manualy.
I still think a box end wrench and a $2 bottel of brake fluid is the best way to do my brakes. Its never let me down.

kxt250r
03-25-2007, 10:38 AM
cool.
you would tend to test the product before making an advert about it normally yeah??

seadoo650
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
cool.
you would tend to test the product before making an advert about it normally yeah??

Just posting up first. Will post results later as stated.

RoscoW
03-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks interesting. I always thought it would be easier to do from the caliper end back to the master as the air wants to rise to the top of the fluid anyway. Some small amount of air may still have to be bled out of the caliper the regular way but to fill a complely empty system ??? this would work .

Ross

3 weelin geezer
03-25-2007, 11:44 AM
How much fluid does that thing contain and what if you hold the button too long? Wont the propane or whatever pressurizes that thing go into the system or does it have a piston that seperates the two? I have an idea using my shop vac to do the same thing but I would need at least a big 32 oz bottle.

Gunnar
03-25-2007, 12:25 PM
We just got one of them suction bleeders. It works fairly slick. you fill the res. put the end of the tube on the bleeder then open it and pump away. just have to keep the res. filled. Got it to bleed a hydrolic clutch oin a ford ranger. Couldnt get all the air out manually so had to use this.

seadoo650
03-25-2007, 04:31 PM
How much fluid does that thing contain and what if you hold the button too long? Wont the propane or whatever pressurizes that thing go into the system or does it have a piston that seperates the two? I have an idea using my shop vac to do the same thing but I would need at least a big 32 oz bottle.

There is a bladder inside the container to keep the brake fluid seperate form the chemicals used to pressurize it. Pretty slick. Going out now to try it out.

seadoo650
03-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Well I completely drained the whole rear brake system on the racerX, put a new stainless brake line on and strted the bleeding. The instructions are pretty clear. Put the hose on the bleeder and push the trigger for about 4-5 seconds., repeat until resivior is full, close bleeder, replace resivior cap and then push for about 4-5 more seconds and close bleeder. Just that simple. I bled the brakes (on a completely dry system) in about 5 mins.

It does leak a little around the trigger and the instructions don't say anything about putting the resivior cap back on (if you don't it won't build pressure) but other than that I am giving this product two thumbs up.

Ask away.

firefirefire90
03-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I never thought of Brake bleeding as hard? You guys are just lazy :lol:

3 weelin geezer
03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I should invent a way to use a cell phone to do that. And I don't mean use it to call a mechanic.

ceaserthethird
03-26-2007, 12:19 PM
i like the Idea ...

What's the Cost ?

ATC-Eric
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I use a little bit of tubing on my bleeder while keeping the other end of the tube lower then the bleeder. keep the resivior full, and pump the brakes until your satisfied..........For my bikes anyways

Dosent look like a bad product.

chris200x
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
I use a little bit of tubing on my bleeder while keeping the other end of the tube lower then the bleeder. keep the resivior full, and pump the brakes until your satisfied..........For my bikes anyways

Dosent look like a bad product.

Or.. just loosen the bleeder nut and let gravity do the rest. (make sure the rezzy don't completely drain though) I've done it this way many times and it works every time. ;) much cheaper too! :D
:postwhore

seadoo650
03-26-2007, 08:38 PM
i like the Idea ...

What's the Cost ?

I paid around $10.00. I figure I could do two bikes front and rear with it.

Not sure about the cell phone thing?:crazy:

I've tried the other two ways and they work for getting the fluid in the system but trying to get enough pressure for the brakes to actually work takes forever. (pump, open bleeder, close bleeder, pump, open bleeder, close bleeder, etc, etc, etc........) Makes a big mess also.

No I'm not lazy I just like convenience. If ya don't like it don't try it. I've read dozens of threads on here in which people are asking about bleeding their brake systems so I figured this may help.:welcome: