PDA

View Full Version : Carb/ ANy suggestions

2strokeBandit
03-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I have a 1982 honda 200. Its a four stroke. Its a 5 speed semi auto all the gears are down. There is no susspension on it. Can any one tell me what model it is off of that description.

My main question though is i cannot get it to run with the choke off. Every time you rev the motor of 1/4 to 1/2 throtle the choke goes down one position. I think it may be a bad link in it or something. I am just woundering if any one has had that problem and what solved it. Any idea hwere i can get a good carb kit for it.

Thanks For any help

Tom

2strokeBandit
03-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Anyone have any Ideas

thefox
03-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Sounds like you have a 1982 Honda atc 200, yes it is a plain 200 (not a 200e, 200s, 200m, ect.).

As for the carb. are you saying the choke lever will not stay in the position you put it? If that is the case the lever is held by a little tiny ball that locks into one of 3 holes drilled into a metal plate. You either need to take the plate off and bend if back slightly so the ball pinches against the plate or you need a new lever because the ball is missing.

Carb. kits can be found at many parts dealers, I get mine from ebay or www.denniskirk.com

2strokeBandit
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Sounds like you have a 1982 Honda atc 200, yes it is a plain 200 (not a 200e, 200s, 200m, ect.).

As for the carb. are you saying the choke lever will not stay in the position you put it? If that is the case the lever is held by a little tiny ball that locks into one of 3 holes drilled into a metal plate. You either need to take the plate off and bend if back slightly so the ball pinches against the plate or you need a new lever because the ball is missing.

Carb. kits can be found at many parts dealers, I get mine from ebay or www.denniskirk.com

Cool Thanks fox,
I did not know if they made a plain 200. As for the carb i will try bending it back. The lever will not stay in the top notch. It moves rate to the middle one everytime. So it runs real rich.

I will give it a shot, Thanks :beer