PDA

View Full Version : just curious??

SYKO
03-22-2007, 07:05 PM
does any one have or have pictures of or have parts to the mugen 360 big bore kit for the air cooled R's???? Im interested in learning more about these monstor motors. thanx!:pics:

team-red-rider
03-22-2007, 07:15 PM
yes me to i heard they are dangerous lol

SYKO
03-22-2007, 07:52 PM
a little info:

http://www.vintagefactory.com/mugen_me360_instruction_sheet.htm

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/Mugenadd201.jpg

and you old school sticker fans might like this one

http://www.vintagefactory.com/vintage_decals.htm

team-red-rider
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
THANX Alan

ceaserthethird
03-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Sweet ... What happen to all these california Company's ?

Some one has to have some old stock supply's !

Bigbore
03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I've got one. I bought it 18 months ago. It was new in the box and was $1,600. Came complete with the pipe, carb and reed assy.

As much as I would have liked to already had it on my '81 250R, I haven't had the time yet to finish it up. As for photo's I can take some photos of it on the bench. It wouldn't look much different than the brochure photo's that you've already have posted.

As for finding anymore NEW OLD STOCK... I wouldn't hold my breath. The guy I got mine from had sold the 3 kits he had, mine was the last one he had. He does have a few more piston/ring sets. Hondaline 300 kits were more readably available and nobody can even get piston / ring sets for those.

Sometime in the short future I'll try and get mine put together and get some completed photo's.

The power of the 360 Mugen is supposed to be AWSOME!

NOS_350X
03-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I know where an 81 sits with a 360 kit. I just havent asked how much for it.

SYKO
03-23-2007, 09:07 AM
well guys not to burst your bubble or anything, but I have found the MOTHERLOAD of mugen 360 parts and info!! since they were originaly made for the elisnore 250 bikes and early cr bikes...well I jst hooked up with a cr/elisnore bike forum and walla!! there EVERYWHERE! and reasonably cheap as well?! parts, info, kits for sale, rebuild info everything! aparently there not as RARE as we all thought (mainly becouse we were looking for them for trikes and not motorcycles) there are alot for sale that are reasonably priced, and much better priced than stuff to do the hondaline 300 kits!!, I may if I keep my fooler decide to go that rought with the 360 but from what I read its only a 8hp increase, thats a HUDGE bump in size for only 8 hp!! so I may just do a cr 480 conversion becouse thats easier and more power for the price.

Dirtcrasher
03-23-2007, 07:46 PM
I would have invested that 1600$ in an 85/86 250R and gained better suspension, handling and water cooling. I do love the look of the 84 250R and think it's one of the best looking ATC's made, but I wouldn't go investing that much cash into an ATC that even more power isn't matched by the handling and suspension.

SYKO - That was smart thinking!! Maybe you can find some more reasonably priced parts. We can search all day for trike parts and come up with nothing..... Hopefully you can hook up all the aircooled diehards.

But, to each his own and if someone has extra cash to spend - I'd do it too.

Bigbore
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
well guys not to burst your bubble or anything, but I have found the MOTHERLOAD of mugen 360 parts and info!! since they were originaly made for the elisnore 250 bikes and early cr bikes...well I jst hooked up with a cr/elisnore bike forum and walla!! there EVERYWHERE! and reasonably cheap as well?! parts, info, kits for sale, rebuild info everything! aparently there not as RARE as we all thought (mainly becouse we were looking for them for trikes and not motorcycles) there are alot for sale that are reasonably priced, and much better priced than stuff to do the hondaline 300 kits!!, I may if I keep my fooler decide to go that rought with the 360 but from what I read its only a 8hp increase, thats a HUDGE bump in size for only 8 hp!! so I may just do a cr 480 conversion becouse thats easier and more power for the price.
HP is more than 8hp. stock is 20 and the 360 moves it to 34. What is the web site you were looking at?

SYKO
03-23-2007, 10:54 PM
with alittle diging and few few pms and questions I found alot of good info and part availabilty any one interested in the 360 there is alot of info if you know where to look.

http://www.elsinore-swap-meet.com/

3leggeddog
03-23-2007, 11:37 PM
even 8 horse is a huge jump.if the bike makes 20 hp,and you add 8 to it,thats like a 35-40% gain!!

Bigbore
03-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Cheap? I wish I had your money! There was a USED mugen kit, didn't say if it was a 250 or 360 for $1,500 EU. Thats like $1,800 US! Another guy was offering a "go on his wife" for a mugen kit, so that could have been $1.99:lol: . I didn't see anything cheap or new. Guess you'd have to check back from time to time.

I have a artical from 3 wheeling that did a review on the sock, hondaline, and the Mugen. Covered the installation also. I'll try and get a scan and post it if there aren't any objections.

Dirtcrasher
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
with alittle diging and few few pms and questions I found alot of good info and part availabilty any one interested in the 360 there is alot of info if you know where to look.

http://www.elsinore-swap-meet.com/

That board rocks!! There are some awesome parts on there - Mugen kits, complete bikes and I'm just drooling at bthe FOX suspension stuff on there. Great find bud...