PDA

View Full Version : current tri-zinger pics complete frame up

tecat-z
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Here are some pics i snapped today after completing a resto on my 85 zinger. I bought this off the original owner last november as he wanted to trade this in to my local yamaha dealer. I have a very close relationship with the dealer, and they called me and said we have something you might be interested in. Well i liked the zinger and worked a deal with the owner so he wouldn't have to deal with the B.S involved in trading in a 3 wheeler. Immediately i ordered everything i could that was still availiable and i mean everything. Seat, rear fenders, throttle assy,petcock, grips, gas cap, peg rubbers, tires, grommets, brakes, all cables, and lots of other stuff that is small but makes for nice detail. Blasted the frame and sprayed ppg acrylic enamel, had all of the hardware and plated surfaces replated for the correct factory look, including bars and pegs. Bought a complete decal set, and a full D.G. system that i had jet hotted. Boyesen reeds, and one size up on the main. New complete oem top end that is on its first bore, one over std. I have the complete oem exhaust, reeds, incase i ever wanted to make it all stock, and all of the original paperwork from purchase that was given on day of delivery. And this zinger was bought from this same dealer back in November of 84. It came full circle and was glad to have one to add to my collection. It runs like a champ and even has some TING TA TING to it at idle. Just don't see many nice zingers out there in the sea of atc 70's. Oh yeah, the t3 is getting very close to completion. Can't wait to ride now, should be a WHOLE lot of fun. See ya at TF07.:w00t:

tyman
03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
very very nice... i really like it... do you have the tether???

MisterFurious
03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
That's an incredible job; looks fantastic! Gives me the urge to fix mine up. Do you have a before pic?

3leggeddog
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
very nice little zinger man!!

T3 LOPES
03-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Here are a few more pics of Tecat-z Zinger and a couple of Brandy zippin around the yard. Nice work Wonzo!!!

Rocksoup
03-18-2007, 09:20 PM
That's a very cool little trike! I'd love to find one of these in decent shape for my little girl.

mike from long island
03-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Looks great.I have an 84 or at least the yellow version.I am doing a complete redo of this one.All i am missing is a nice yellow front fender.I have been making room in the barn so I can get started.I even found most of an oem exhaust system NOS.But i just found a Dg too.Gotta give it a little ZING to the Zinger. lol

tecat-z
03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't have any before pics of the zinger before the teardown, and i have a new, oem in the bag tether cord under the seat with the tools. My plans are to take it to trikefest and then drain the fluids afterwords and hang it on the garage wall as a conversation piece. I am just to big to ride it and i don't want to hurt the little thing. If i have kids, then they will have a cool little 3wheeler to ride in the yard when they get old enough. I only have so much floor space so it needs to go up. I have a 10ft ceiling so it will be out of the way like that. Sorta like that dealer in Nebraska. What can i say, i'm addicted!

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-19-2007, 09:32 PM
nice job ed! make sure the kids dont ride a wheelie a bent the nice silencer hanging off the rear!

tecat-z
03-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks Nathan, Soon i will post some pics of the top end that is going on my 'other' 86 z. I've got everything to make it a gooooooooooo. And go it will. Can't wait

tecat-z
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
With all of the Zinger talk, thought i'd dig up pics of my old rag........:naughty:

03 ORANGE SHEE
02-09-2009, 09:21 PM
hell yeah! i looked in "search" . greenboy found a white/red one,years ago. you ever see that one??