PDA

View Full Version : 85 250r swingarm question

mustangkev
03-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Hi, I am looking to buy an 85 250R. In the pictures that the seller sent me, I see that the swingarm is missing the bolt in the back that is directly under the "L" in Pro-Link. What is that bolt for, and is it a problem if it isn't there? I plan on looking at the trike this week. Thanks, Kevin

Dirtcrasher
03-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Where is it located? In front of the sprocket where a chain guide would go?? Take a browse through "the place that auctions parts" (I can't say it or the post gets moved - wicked stupid) and see if you can find a picture of a 250R swingarm.

philmoore
03-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi, I am looking to buy an 85 250R. In the pictures that the seller sent me, I see that the swingarm is missing the bolt in the back that is directly under the "L" in Pro-Link. What is that bolt for, and is it a problem if it isn't there? I plan on looking at the trike this week. Thanks, Kevin

I think you are talking about the bolt in the center of the carrier that keeps the carrier from over-rotating.

Just get a new stainless bolt and washer to put in there. I think it is 8mm x 1.25 thread, about 20mm long or so, and a washer.

mustangkev
03-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I think you are talking about the bolt in the center of the carrier that keeps the carrier from over-rotating.

Just get a new stainless bolt and washer to put in there. I think it is 8mm x 1.25 thread, about 20mm long or so, and a washer.

That must be the bolt that I am talking about. If you look at the rear of the 3 wheeler, the bolt is about in the middle of the swing-arm. So is its only purpose to keep the bearing carrier from turning? Thanks, Kevin

philmoore
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
That must be the bolt that I am talking about. If you look at the rear of the 3 wheeler, the bolt is about in the middle of the swing-arm. So is its only purpose to keep the bearing carrier from turning? Thanks, Kevin

Sounds like we are on the same wavelength.

The bolt does not keep the carrier from turning, the two allen head bolts do that.

The bolt in the center just provides a peg for the triangular tab on the bearing carrier to hit.

That is the only purpose I can see for it.

mustangkev
03-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Sounds like we are on the same wavelength.

The bolt does not keep the carrier from turning, the two allen head bolts do that.

The bolt in the center just provides a peg for the triangular tab on the bearing carrier to hit.

That is the only purpose I can see for it.

Thanks Philmoore, I appreciate the info. Kevin