PDA

View Full Version : Just another one of my small details while painting

Huffa
03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
I was going to do the hub detail in red, then got to thinking it might look nice to match it to the blue on tank.

You could do it either way too, as in paint the rest of the face of hub and leave the blue part unpainted. I put a few clear coats on it too.

:naughty: Pretty snazzy :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC04200.jpg

chris200x
03-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Looking good Huffa! :naughty: How'd you do it. tape it off then peel the spots you wanted to paint?

traxxasx
03-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Looking good Huffa! :naughty: How'd you do it. tape it off then peel the spots you wanted to paint?

no take the rim off teh hub and then the hub off the axel.

chris200x
03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Well I kinda figured that... :rolleyes: :crazy:

Huffa
03-17-2007, 09:08 PM

YEP, Pretty much how you saying.

Taped off one at a time and razor bladed the shape, then peeled off. Then just filled in the rest of the hub with tape. It was pretty easy actually. Took about 10-15 miutes I guess, I think it was well worth it.

Once the blue was painted then I peeled all the tape off and blasted the whole hub, front and back with clear.

This fake anodizing paint works pretty good too.

I'm off course way too cheap to buy brand new bolts, screw that! :lol:

Huffa
03-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Well I kinda figured that... :rolleyes: :crazy:

YEA:lol: I figured you figured that :lol: :lol:

chris200x
03-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I guess that coating paint will work good for the lugs... but have you used it on any other nuts and bolts? I would think,,, like most other paint it would chip off then torquing down the nuts.

Huffa
03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
I guess that coating paint will work good for the lugs... but have you used it on any other nuts and bolts? I would think,,, like most other paint it would chip off then torquing down the nuts.

I don't think it does?!?

If I remember correct, I used it on all the seat/fender hardware underneath the fender on SX. I think it's holding up great, now I got to go check, you have me curious now :wondering

I only used it on the brackets and hardware, for stuff like that I think it works quite well. I will try it on a few torqued nuts/bolts sometime just to see what happens. It goes on pretty darn thin, which is a good thing.

Dirtcrasher
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
That is some dam nice hardware on that SX...

You've been working on that 125 for awhile, should look sweet when it's done.

Huffa
03-18-2007, 11:30 AM
That is some dam nice hardware on that SX...

You've been working on that 125 for awhile, should look sweet when it's done.

Thanks DC. A little bit there, a little here, it's getting there. I'm not one to work on it constantly so yea, it's taking me quite a while. The minute I get cranky :lol: I stop on it and go do something else.

It has come a long way though.

The hardware on SX used to be rusted to all hell, yea, it looks pretty good considering how it used to be.

edog
03-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you ever going to ride those trikes?:lol: :welcome: :w00t: :D

rustyhondas
03-18-2007, 12:54 PM
WOW those finder latches look awsome.

I got to get me some of that stuff.

Huffa
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Are you ever going to ride those trikes?:lol: :welcome: :w00t: :D

Not a heck of a lot to be truthful.

The 125m will be like a loaner trike, like if I can ever get my step bro interested in going, otherwise it will be just a dick-around yard machine. My whole neighborhood suddenly turned into a meca of quad machines so it should be interesting this spring when I take them out and these young kids see their 1st trike ever.

Nothing but fields right in the back of my house and I always hear them zooming up and down past my house.

Ya got to watch with kids though, they see you have toys in the garage and next thing you know your garage is their hangout :rolleyes:

I like kids but don't want that situation to take place, they will never leave me alone so most the time the door stays closed! :lol: Kids are :banned:

My SX is my main rider for sure, till duning season starts. That is a must do now, I said it wasy too many times to back out! :rolleyes:

Huffa
03-18-2007, 03:51 PM
WOW those finder latches look awsome.

I got to get me some of that stuff.

FINDER latches :wondering :lol:

rustyhondas
03-18-2007, 04:11 PM
fender latch, seat pan hardware, fender suport braket/brace.

nice gold colored looking thangs that is what for holdin the fender on.
it's all the same when you don't care what you say but know what you are talking about.

Huffa
03-18-2007, 04:14 PM
fender latch, seat pan hardware, fender suport braket/brace.

nice gold colored looking thangs that is what for holdin the fender on.
it's all the same when you don't care what you say but know what you are talking about.

OH yea :lol: , I feel like a dope (duh) not figuring out the I is an E, oh well.

rustyhondas
03-18-2007, 04:21 PM
i'm the one that can't spell. I did not even notice i mis spelled it. until you last post just now. i am sure there are 4 or 5 words spelled wrong in this post as well. :D