PDA

View Full Version : Jumpin in here...

Just_Randy
03-17-2007, 02:58 AM
Hi guys n gals! 3ww is an awesome site... I've been nibbling away at all the info here habitually for about a week. Its bringing back a lot of memories of when I used to sit in Junior High reading 3&4 Wheel Action, Atv Sports, and Dirt Wheels. I've been out of the game for more than 15 yrs (been in the big city) and now that I have 14 acres of wooded land to play on I'm wondering, "Where did all the 2-strokes go? "700 cc 4x4's the size of small jeeps???" Back in the day, the foreman 350 was about it... Suzuki had that 250 4x4 with all the gears n ranges... Other than than you got a quadracer or quadzilla (unless you rode trikes, but I came on the scene about '85 and they were on the way out - I was 12 then, lol). I guess the zilla's have gone the way of the muscle cars of the 60's. Anyway, I think its nice to have a place to read n share about times past and maybe I can make a few friends as well.

...and with all this talk about trikes, I'm straightway looking to get one! What I have now is far from anything special, but it works for now: A 220 bayou (does it really matter what yr?) with 25 inch swamplites (luv those tires!!!) and just got a '86 lt230s .060 over. My buddy has the 700 king quad and yep,,, it'll do 75 stock, wheelie as far as you care to, and I can throw it sideways anytime I want. Mind-boggling how I can have such control over such a huge machine.

Looking forward to being on boards with you guys!

aquapunk
03-17-2007, 03:12 AM
welcome to the boards man! hope you find all you need here, this place is a goldmine of info. post some pics up of your machines!

brrcuda
03-17-2007, 04:19 AM
be careful. trikes are like lays potato chips - cant just have one.

Test ride one and youll discover how light and fun they are.

:welcome:

scooterroo
03-17-2007, 05:59 AM
aint that the truth brrcuda. welcome to the boards just randy. lot of good people, good info, and great reading and pics in here. enjoy and feel free to ask away with whatever questions you have, i am sure somebody n here can assist.
as for where did al to 2 strokes go...treehugger enviromentalist ruining everything for us. yeah i remember them days....85 i was 14 riding a brand new riding a fresh atc 200x. them were the days.

digity x
03-17-2007, 08:51 AM
to bad that was a 4stroke thou not a 2stroke, i was riding a t3 back then and im riding one now. what a great feeling bieng free on a t3. get yours done scoot then you will no what its like to ride a t3. its got to be killing ya.

SYKO
03-17-2007, 09:19 AM
hey ga boy!! bring your ass down here!!! I'll let you tear it up on some of my machines!!! 2-strokes RULE!!! where ya at in GA??? im about 40 miles north of FL off of I-75!!

scooterroo
03-17-2007, 10:55 AM
nah not killing me, it will get done someday, no rush. concentrating on getting the hard to get parts for the 86 right now. someday the 85 will be up and running, when, who the hell knows. basically just have to send out the motor to cwr and get a rebuild done on it, get the kx cylinder fixxed and renicked and then its about done, besides a few odds and ends. but like i said i am in no hurry to finish it. concentrating on the hard to get parts for the 86 right now, so might as well throw a dust cover over the 85, cuz its gonna be awhile before i do anything to it.

digity x
03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah me to no big deal when it gets done, it runs good thats the main thing so some day i will buy the things it needs and that will be that. the x and lt250r will hold me off until then.

Just_Randy
03-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll have some pics up soon of my toys...

torker
03-18-2007, 01:35 AM
WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!:welcome: :welcome:
CHEERS...
TORKER.

ATC-Eric
03-18-2007, 02:17 AM
Welcome to the boards Randy!

What trikes if any have you owned? I love the machines. Quads just cant do it for me anymore.

Eric

Just_Randy
03-18-2007, 02:27 AM
I've never owed one. The last one I've been on was Big Red and that was sometime in Junior High. I grew up at the southern end of the Appalacian mountains, but moved to north Ohio before I was really old enough to buy anything myself. There was just no where to ride... Maybe next to railroad tracks or a farmer's field... I ended up with a dirt bike. Now I'm back in north GA and plenty of places to ride. I'm ready to start collecting some toys!