PDA

View Full Version : non-running 350x, how much would you pay?

Murph
03-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Ok, i have a friend who owns a 200x and a 350x. I originally didn't even know he had a 350x, but i was tellin him i wanted a 200x, and for awhile he was sayin he would sell that to me. Then yesturday, he apperently took the 200 out riding, and remembered how much fun it was, so now he said he won't sell it. But, he still hasn't ridden the 350 yet, and said he would talk to his dad about selling it. It does not run, and he's not really sure why. He said he thought it was the solenoid, but i thought those were only on electric start bikes? Anyways, he says it is in pretty decent shape cosmetically, and has new tires. What would be the most you would pay for something like this? I really have no idea how much one would be worth if it didn't run. If his dad agrees to sell it, i will get some pics and post them on here before i make an actual offer, i was just wantin an estimate if that is possible.

Tri-ZNate
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
selinoids are indeed on electric start bikes unless he has a goki electric starter on it.

Gunnar
03-14-2007, 09:00 PM
This is pretty subjective. Without pics I really cant say what I would pay. Not running I would offer 100-200. But Im cheap. If its in as good of shape as you say it is its probably worth 5-6 hundred. Electrical parts are cheap on ebay. Remember that if you dont hear it run its a gamble, it could be alot more than just a broken wire. If you are going to get it see if it turns over, check compression, bearings etc.

Post Pics to get a more accurate response

ProCarbine2k1
03-14-2007, 10:37 PM
I know hes a buddy, but when you cant hear something run- assume the worst. When I bought my 85, all it needed was a "good carb cleaning". YYYYYYYYEahh, about 400 dollars later the motor would finally run.