PDA

View Full Version : Is It Worth It?

fixeruper
03-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok, so I was at the honda dealer last weekend, and I overheard a man talking about his trike symptoms to a guy who worked there, and he said he had a 250sx that ran perfect, but he rolled it in his field, and it doesn't have spark. So when he was done, and I heard how to fix his problem, I approached him and asked if it was for sale. Well... long story short, he is coming over this weekend to trade it for my 200x that runs ok, but can't idle worth crap. Mine had busted up plastic, and bald rear tires. He wanted to trade strait across, but I told him that was a ripp-off. So he is making the 50 mile trip to my house, and he said if my 200x runs, he will give me his 250sxm, $100 and brand new holeshot tires on rims, and paddles on rims. What do you guys think? At the honda shop, after the guy left, the honda guy said he just pinched the kill switch on the handlebars. So if I can buy a kill switch wire, and have a good running 250sx, would it and all his stuff be worth my 200x I think so, but what do you guys think? Neither of the bikes have titles, but both serial numbers have been cleared. I live in the woods, and could use a sport/utility bike w/ reverse more than a 200x also.

ATC-Eric
03-14-2007, 02:09 AM
What condition is the 250sx? If the sx is in good condition, I say he is the one getting ripped off. Overall, a 250 in good condition is worth more then a 200x in good condition.

EDIT: He wont necessarily be getting ripped off, you will just be getting the better end of the deal.........

hazard
03-14-2007, 04:41 AM
maybe a dumb question but why is the 250sx worth more than the 200x, i honestly thought it would be opposite? hmm please fill me in, im very curious.

thanks
adam

ATC-Eric
03-14-2007, 05:05 AM
maybe a dumb question but why is the 250sx worth more than the 200x, i honestly thought it would be opposite? hmm please fill me in, im very curious.

thanks
adam

From what I have seen, a really nice 200x will go for around a grand. When a really nice sx can go between a grand, and two grand.

I have seen ragged out sx's go on ebay for $500, and they can only go in reverse!

chris200x
03-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Electric start and reverse would make it more valuable to alot of folks. Why not get a used kill switch off ebay to save yourself some cash. How much did the guy say a new one was?

check to see if he didn't knock loose a wire somewhere when he rolled it over. maybe its a simple fix. ;)

SYKO
03-14-2007, 09:20 AM
do it!! plain and simple!

fixeruper
03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure what kind of condition it's in, but he said it was running great and fine until he rolled it. Besides, my 200x has busted up plastic front and rear, so i'll be fine if it's in better condition then mine! Thanks for all the feed back. I thought it was a good deal too. I'll keep you posted, and show you the 250sx once I get it.
While were at it, are there any pros and cons of the 250sx? I read a scanned magazine test from dirtwheels on a '84 250sx, and all the had to say was great bike, just a little heavy. What do you guys think?

ATC-Eric
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
My brother had one, it was a great bike! Lots of pep, great torque for the trails. Their a lot of fun to ride. We threw everything we had at that bike, and by the end of the day it was always a great runner!

SYKO
03-14-2007, 03:36 PM
THE only down fall to them is the shaft drive wich limits you to gearing possiblities but other than that I think there great and in fact would love to have on my self, with out racks on them and some nice performance tires they look like a racing trike easy!

playboy
03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Make sure he didn't bend the frame when he rolled it.