PDA

View Full Version : 350X Service Manual

2sprman2
03-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I ordered a service manual for my 350X but have just been told that it is going to take a couple more weeks to get it. I am planning on replacing my rear brake caliper in the next couple days because the one that I have kinda looks like it was jimmy-rigged on there. It just doesn't look right. Does anyone have the pages showing how to replace this from the service manual that they could send me. (fax) I need a picture to see how it is supposed to look. Please let me know. Thank you very much in advance!!

hazard
03-13-2007, 04:29 PM
its a super easy procedure, all u do is pull 2 bolts, take the brakeline off, removed the bolt the attaches the torque are to the caliper bracketv (85 only) and replace with new caliper. now for the jimmi riggin bit, are you sure its not just the torque are which was used on the 85 model, its not the neatest looking thing but thats how it is. just checking, dont want u to fix was isnt broken. o ya u prob know this but remember to bleed *Edited**Edited* brakes after you reinstall.

good luck
adam

2sprman2
03-13-2007, 04:45 PM
It has zip ties holding a part of it on if that tells you anything. When I hit the rear brake the whole caliper slides forward and when I let off it slides back and looks like it tuggs on the brake line which I don't think is supposed to be happening. Thats why it doesn't seem right. It seems to me like there is a bracket missing somewhere that would hold the caliper from moving. Thats kinda why I need a picture, to see what it's supposed to look like.

DeePa
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=56218&highlight=service+manual

go there and download it.

Mike

2sprman2
03-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the help!! Just as I thought, there is a bracket that is supposed to hold the caliper in place that is not there. Needless to say, the zip-tie isn't cutting it!! What the h*ll where they thinking!!