PDA

View Full Version : t3 livesagain''

digity x
03-10-2007, 06:59 PM
well i cleaned the carb drained the tank put fresh gas in her retimed it and it started right up.it will need another carb and vforce reeds gonna try and jet the carb first see if i can control the high and low revs its a beast'' was fun today thats for sure.shes got her first mud drops on her im in love''

350xBomb
03-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Those look to be the worst tires for snow possible...but damn they look good...

digity x
03-10-2007, 07:17 PM
just for show have other good motocross tires for it yeah the t3 had probs in the driveway.couldnt get up it hahaahahaa''

Tecate250
03-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Are the disk guard still available?

digity x
03-11-2007, 08:49 AM
yes get them threw dennis kirk.you can get a couple of guards from other bikes that will work too.these work well from early kx dirtbikes

T3 LOPES
03-11-2007, 02:28 PM
DIGITY ,I saw that you said u werent gonna make it to trikefest...is that true?
what happen brotha??
lopes

digity x
03-11-2007, 02:47 PM
well heres some pics of todays fun. heres the deal the tecate starts up with one or two kicks runs idols so the timing is pretty close but the other things are,i cant get the carb to stop starving for gas, no matter what you do, soon as you hit it open blahhhhhhh insted of tingggggg ta ting ting, slow speeds just putting with it runs fine open it up starving out the ---hole.no offence to the younger crowd.i think i should go up a jet or two with the main. dont no? maybe one of you guys will no.dont forget i put the dg pipe and silencer on it and open k-n filter to so that would make some difference.

BigGreenMachine
03-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Is it missing on top or just plain bogging out? If its missing I'd go over the timing again.

digity x
03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
missing on top mid is fine timing is close the carb is shot been sitting along time dig needs new carb thats the fix.i noticed some antifreeze coming from the overflo tube maybe shes advanced to much?

3leggeddog
03-11-2007, 04:54 PM
sounds like it is lean,and getting hot.warm it up,pop in a new plug,and blaze a trail 1-5 gearshold it wide open for 3 secs. and kill the motor,pull the plug,and see what it looks like.will it rev that long to do a plug chop or not?just to be safe,go up one clip on the needle,and 3-4 sizes on your main jet,see what she does

hadar
03-11-2007, 07:18 PM
If you have independent floats in your carb, be sure that the float arm is not upside down. Someone had mine upside down on one of my bikes when I bought it. It would just starve for gas but run great at an idle and start up. So you might want to check that. Don't run it very long if shes that lean.

digity x
03-11-2007, 07:42 PM
well it wont let me go threw the gears hard cause it cuts out but it does sound lean to me to.fun fun fun trying to get the t3 to run.

MIK6
03-11-2007, 10:46 PM
I had a similar problem w/ my 87, it was starving for gas, ran fine slow and easy but once wide open it would fall on its face. start simple, I had a build up on the intake fuel filter. Gas would seep by but once you really put the throttle to it it couldn't keep up. Also make sure the vent line is not pluged.
I am sure you checked the easy stuff but I just wanted to throw it out.

GOOD LUCK
MIK6 / Mike

digity x
03-12-2007, 06:42 AM
lean is mean thats for sure gonna change that, wonder if the timing mite be retarded some thats why shes running warm? can adjust it both ways on the stator. no doubt its gonna take alittle time getting her right.

scooterroo
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
nice....did you throw that old racer carb on and try that? or you still tinkering with the stock one? i'd go for the 38mm chief, add some nice snap to that puppy. that with the pipe and v force reeds, nice combo...ting ting.

digity x
03-12-2007, 07:46 PM
gonna go with a new carb i think,dont no what im going to buy yet but it will be good for the t3. vforce or rad valve is a must to, all in do time ya no bro,

scooterroo
03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
all in do time :beer

digity x
03-13-2007, 04:20 PM
need to no what carb is best for the t3 scoot? i think new is the way to go dont you. new reeds to ya no.she deserves new in my eyes so,we wants whats best for the trike , you have any ideas let me no. any t3 guys out there i would like to no what carb your running on your t3's any info would be cool.

BigGreenMachine
03-13-2007, 05:58 PM
38mm Mikuni TMX with a 380 main and like a 30 pilot.

Theres a 39mm PWK in the classifieds that I'd jump on if I were you.

T3 LOPES
03-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't know if you are running a stock cylinder or not but I ran a 34 mm mikuni and it worked great. The cylinder at the time was stock. I payed 104.00 for it from my local dealer . Now i'm going with the 38 mm airstryker , which I would think is to big for the stock cylinder ( correct me if i'm wrong BGM) I dont know . I do know that I payed 238.00 shipped and with the reducer ring installed from ESR. She should run like a mfr this year. I should have my T3 close to complete in a week or two. Digity i'd say go with a brand new carb , you can't go wrong if its new.

digity x
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
that sounds like the plan t3'' im not sure but i think 38mm would be fine my quadracer has a 38mm on it and i rebuilt the motor i used a brand new stock cylinder and piston after market pipe opened air filter with the carb and man its hooked up nice i had to jet the carb some but no big deal. now the t3 on the other hand dont no?

BigGreenMachine
03-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I have a ported cylinder now but I've run the 38TMX on the stock cylinder and it does great! Plus he already has the DG system on there to get more air out now he needs more fuel/air in.

Dig, I'd look to Yamahondaman for porting and head work on your T3. He owned one he used for hillclimbing so you know he can work magic on that cylinder/head. Then that big carb will be worth its weight in gold.

scooterroo
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
yeah i was planning on going with a 38mm also, v force reeds, on the kx cylinder. wheres the best place to get one from bgm? i am gonna be sending my t3 motor out to cwr to get redone soon, so i will be looking to getting the final parts like the carb and stuff asap. i say you mess with the jets on that carb you have now till you can get the new one. i have another stock carb in the garage, could use it for parts or something if you want it.

BigGreenMachine
03-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd go to Sudco and have them send you out one pre setup. Also, take my advice and give your cylinder/head to Ronnie on here after you have it replated and tell him you want it to rip!

tecat-z
03-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Port work has to be done before ANY plating is performed. When transfer port and exhaust porting is done you are grinding through the overlap of the cylinder plating that extends into ALL of the ports. So then you have ruined the continuity of the nicasil, and it will flake on both sides of the work performed. Only do this if you want to pay for this twice! Just had mine done by U.S. chrome. They are the biggest and best is the industry. Period.

BigGreenMachine
03-14-2007, 07:07 AM
Great tip, did not know. Thanks!

scooterroo
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
very informative. thanks.

digity x
03-14-2007, 04:14 PM
vforce3 and new38mm tmx is my choice, the trike should run good then. want to rip it up the road real bad see what she does. soon enough'' its killing me its gonna scream'' ting ta ting ting

scooterroo
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
just think of how fast our summertime night road rides will be when we are ripping it up on these bad boys, neighbors will hear us for miles, lol, ah hahahahahaha.

digity x
03-15-2007, 06:49 AM
yeah i cant wait for summer this year with the t3 in all, gonna do alot of riding. every weekend gonna try to anyways. the wifes are not gonna be happy but thats life in the atv world hahahaahhahaa''