PDA

View Full Version : pics of the new drag frame

hrc85250r
03-10-2007, 02:07 AM
well, here is my 3 night drag frame. i used some 1" cro-mo thats been laying around and built a drag frame. the front of the frame is +1 inch and the rake is +1 degree, the swingarm is my old one, it has since been trashed to salvage the billet bearing carrier housing and pivot tubes, i now have a +12 swinger, the one in the pic is a +10. i built the forks in december i think, i wittled them out on the lathe and milled the blocks on the bridgeport and tigged them on, looks nice and weighs nothing. im also using our old jj and a drag axle instead of the RPM cro-mo axle. ill take more pics after i PC probly next week, but the cool thing is i used 2 1" tubes side by side for the top tube and down tube so it looks really unique. i like it, it looks different. the only things i took from the donor frame were the head tube, the seat and tank mounts and the seat latch conglomeration. everything else is by me, the sub frame it 3/4" on top and 1/2" on bottom, like i said probly next week ill take pics after PC....im hoping to get the whole thing around ~180 lbs wet.i think i can get close, if not less. SPECIAL THANKS to freaksfix for the donor frame!!!!!! :beer

hrc85250r
03-10-2007, 02:10 AM
keep in mind that this is just mocked up, i dont even think i put nuts on any bolts, also the motor mounts are solid welded in, not bolt in like stock.

BigReds Forever
03-10-2007, 02:36 AM
looks great, that swinger is sick, and you new one is longer? wow, nice job on the frame.

Bryan Raffa
03-10-2007, 09:35 AM
YA BUDDY!!! L@@K's SICK! We got the best Lookin trikes on the curcut... Dont forget we got to line them up in a test & tune run,,, LOL

why did ya go back to the old axle setup?

hrc85250r
03-10-2007, 10:04 AM
well, the old axle setup is out of our black bike with the hayabusa motor, it kept cracking the axle from the torque of that huge motor, so we got a new axle tube and it weighs less than half of the RPM axle. and keep an eye on the drags website there is going to be a test and tune somwhere in may, we dont know where, just that its probly going to be in may. its going to be testing only, no actual racing. the swinger in the pic is +10, the one i just built is +12 i did it mainly because it needed more stiffening and im putting more motor in it so i figured id add 2 more...

03 ORANGE SHEE
03-10-2007, 07:47 PM
very nice job, it looks sick!