PDA

View Full Version : Jones Creek Trail - Camas WA. & the 250R Pic's

ceaserthethird
03-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Hey guy's went out with our Local Club to maintain the trail's / work Party ...

I had a hell of a time , Nice Clear day but the mountain had snow half way up

the 250R was breaking up on top & upper gear's ... ( Need bigger main Jett )

I stuck with 1st and 2nd gears ...

every one out their took their Quad's / 4x4's , I had a very hard time controling the 250R ....

It was like driving a mustang on a foot of snow !

I would just spin the tires get no where , so i had to stop about 1 hour of riding deep into the forest and turn around and wait for them to finish up i waited 2 hours All By My Self & BIG FOOT was their waiting too ! i started wondering around the area trying to see if i could find my way back ... i stop on this gravel logging road and waited more .....

little did i know they had gone back to camp area they thought i had gone back or something since they didn't see me on the trail ...

They Notice i wasn't their , So they did a Search and Rescue Party to find me :D

I didn't know that part of the area so i was lost ... they found me though ... ( Big Thanks to All the Rescue Crew at www.jonescreektrailriders.org )

When i was getting stuck they ask me if i was going to trade in the OLD 3 WHEELER for A QUAD !!! I SAID NEVER !!!

I got to be smart about where i take this 250R ... no more trail riding with Snow or Rain ...

I was so Beat ... after it was all said and done , My thumb gave out few time's and had to use my pam to give it gas ...

Here's the riding pic's

BigGreenMachine
03-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Thats rough man! Problem lies in those tires! Get some 20 inch Mudlites on her and you'll be leading the pack!

Moose makes a nice thumb throttle lever extender.

random-strike
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM
2 stroke & snow trail riding = not the most fun.

get a big red out there or even a 350x/200x and you'll be scooting along