PDA

View Full Version : New here! Picked up new trike... tell me what you think

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new here and wanted to say hello! I will be posting some pictures of my very own (first) trike! I will let you figure out what it is.

I have been reading from this site for the past couple of days. I was introduced to 3-wheels about 8 years ago but flipped it and wasn't re-introduced until a friend of mine, jaykup (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/member.php?u=6748), got a atc110 and we started riding around on it.

Well its been a LONG time and I finally got one! jaykup and I drove over 1,600 miles (total) to pick this baby up and I hope you tell me some of your thoughts.

Total Costs:

x $41.40...............Tollways
$129.46...............Gas
$4.03....................No-Doz
$21.68..................Food
$660.....................Trike
$100...................Asian Stripper... just kidding:Bounce

Total.................... About $850.... minus asian stripper :(

Be sure to tell me what you think and if you would have done the same. I will post about what condition it is in in a bit.

:w00t:
:pics: :pics: :pics:
http://digitallywarped.net (http://digitallywarped.mine.nu/Pictures/Tri-Z_Project/)
Stay tuned for more!....

Vealmonkey
03-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Trike looks nice, I think you got a good deal. I don't know what trike you flipped, but going from a 110 to a tri-z 250 is a little bit of a leap. And I would have spent the extra $100!

BigGreenMachine
03-05-2007, 07:26 PM
LOVE THE SEAT!!!! Looks like a great deal if its a $660 runner.

Welcome to the site.

mike from long island
03-05-2007, 07:32 PM
I think you have yourself a great start on a good project.Just a few items missing but still easily found here.

smyers33
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
I LOVE THAT SEAT!!!!! Nice deal too!!

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 07:47 PM
And I would have spent the extra $100!

:cry: same here my friend.

I flipped a small bike but it was enough to scare me when I was younger (12ish?). I think the Tri-Z will do me in the right way.

I hope I can goto Trikefest this year! That would be a blast!

Love the seat too:) Does it look like a bumble bee?

Oh yea, I recieved a butt load of extras with it too. First order of buisness... anyone need a silencer?

I am missing a couple things... like you said mike... easily findable.

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Oh yea! New decals also....

i58829
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Looks like a good deal to me, and you got a few parts to trade for the little things you need. Good luck getting it the rest of the way together...

BigGreenMachine
03-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Going to be buying new fenders for those new decals?

Mike_Ham_250R
03-05-2007, 08:34 PM
That seat is NICE, if only it was a desert seat with added foam.

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Going to be buying new fenders for those new decals?

For sure.

I haven't had time to look it over yet. I might tommorow and then get a priority list going. I think the exhaust will be first after checking all the bolts and stuff.

I will keep everyone updated though.:TrikesOwn

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
That seat is NICE, if only it was a desert seat with added foam.

Pennsylvania eh? Thats exactly where I picked this beast up. Sexy beast that is.

Bethlehem, PA

Huffa
03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Pennsylvania eh? Thats exactly where I picked this beast up. Sexy beast that is.

Bethlehem, PA

Exceptional deal Chris, I was watching that. I live 1/2 hour away from Bethlehem.

Where in Bethlehem was it, what street?

If I remember correct, the whole motor was rebuilt on that!

Pretty rare to have a member travel THAT far for a trike, WAY TO GO CHRIS!!! :beer

I can't get used to the seat though, a bit too busy for me but it is different, that's for sure.

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Exceptional deal Chris, I was watching that. I live 1/2 hour away from Bethlehem.

Beeline Drive in Bethlehem. Incredible to think that you were watching it haha. When I talked to the seller he said that he sent the engine in to a shop and they did rebuilt it. Nothing special done to the engine but the whole thing was sitting in his garage and also was never started.

The engine hasn't even been broken in yet. He included a bunch of stuff with it including: a complete stainless steel allen bolt set (:w00t:), new reeds, new stickers from a buddy that makes them or something.

He also said he got it from someone off of eBay and built it from parts and then just lost interest. Definitely worth the 13 odd hour drive.

Mountains were cool too :)

Huffa
03-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Beeline Drive in Bethlehem. Incredible to think that you were watching it haha. When I talked to the seller he said that he sent the engine in to a shop and they did rebuilt it. Nothing special done to the engine but the whole thing was sitting in his garage and also was never started.

The engine hasn't even been broken in yet. He included a bunch of stuff with it including: a complete stainless steel allen bolt set (:w00t:), new reeds, new stickers from a buddy that makes them or something.

He also said he got it from someone off of eBay and built it from parts and then just lost interest. Definitely worth the 13 odd hour drive.

Mountains were cool too :)

OH, you were right by Hellertown and 10 minutes from the Freemensburg hill climb that they have once a year in the summer. Just motorcycles though.

I really think you take top honors referring to distance traveled to get a trike. None out your way? Must not be or you would not of made the trip!

Congrats on it and I'm sure the other Chris (from my area too) with a Z will chime in on here also. Heck, he may even buy some parts off of you!

What shop rebuilt it?

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I really think you take top honors referring to distance traveled to get a trike. None out your way?

What shop rebuilt it?

Not sure about what shop rebuilt it. I will shoot the seller an e-mail and see if he remembers.

The cost of this Tri-Z, or any upper class trike really, was worth the drive. I liked the sites too. Didn't pick up any PA tourist maps or anything though. MAN I though Ohio was a long drive.

Pssh, nothing compared to the constant winds in PA! Gotta love it!

I am still feeling sleepy from that trip though... all of the No-Doz is catching up to me... fast.

I'm going to see about ordering a pipe this week and then maybe starting it and breaking it in, properly.

I did get a book from the sale... mine as well do it according to it :beer

Mike_Ham_250R
03-05-2007, 10:16 PM

If I remember correct, the whole motor was rebuilt on that!

Pretty rare to have a member travel THAT far for a trike, WAY TO GO CHRIS!!! :beer

I can't get used to the seat though, a bit too busy for me but it is different, that's for sure.
If you live half an hour away, then I'm roughly 6.5hours away. :)

Huffa
03-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I can only imagine how tired you must be!

Chris, you better go catch some serious ZZZZZZZZZ's man !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 12:20 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
:Bounce :Bounce :Bounce :Bounce
Im hyped on No-Doz from Saturday and work from Monday.... Well... not so much the work.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated

ATC-Eric
03-06-2007, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the boards Chris :beer

That is one helluva haul for a trike, but with a good buddy Im sure it was fun.

Why are you going to get rid of that silencer? I think you'll love it when you get it runing, the Z's have a LOT of pop to them.

Welcome to the club buddy :w00t:

84honda200s
03-06-2007, 02:26 AM
nice score man. you think pa winds are bad you should be up here near the great lake erie. the wind chill in my town rite now is like -12 f and tommarow they say it will be about -15 or so. well anyway that seat is crazy but cool. again man nice pick up. all that for a little under 700.00 well about 900.00 or so. not bad at all.

ooo yea rude me WELCOME TO 3WW

Mosh
03-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Awesome Trike.That seat is vintage.I like it as well.You might want to pick up a spare seat, and store that one.I do not believe that style cover is available any more.

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Why are you going to get rid of that silencer? I think you'll love it when you get it runing, the Z's have a LOT of pop to them.

I was going to go all DG or FMF but still am looking.

I've heard that the Z's are all fun :) I will keep everyone posted.

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
ooo yea rude me WELCOME TO 3WW

How rude.... :mad: :mad:

:lol: :lol:

I have been a little north of you before... Niagara Falls. But it wasn't in winter.

And it wasn't with an Asian Stripper :(

Huffa
03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
So what do you think you'll like more, riding the Z, or talking to us on here? :D

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
So what do you think you'll like more, riding the Z, or talking to us on here? :D

C) Waiting for exhaust pipe to come :(

chris200x
03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
:welcome:

I would of drove that distance just for that seat. LOL very cool. :cool: I'm about an hour or less north of where you picked that up. I was watching the auction on ebay.

That's quite a bit of trike for a first ride don't you think? :crazy:

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
:welcome:

I would of drove that distance just for that seat. LOL very cool. :cool: I'm about an hour or less north of where you picked that up. I was watching the auction on ebay.

That's quite a bit of trike for a first ride don't you think? :crazy:

Hahha, silly kids. I have been riding for a while now, this is the FIRST one I've personally owned.

And I think I will want to make it go faster :D! but... we'll save that for another day.

ATC-Eric
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
And I think I will want to make it go faster :D!

Well there just so happens to be a big bore kit availible :naughty:

(for a limited time only)

Chris Smith
03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Ha, I will concentrate on getting it broken in first :lol:

freaksfix
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
:cry: same here my friend.

I flipped a small bike but it was enough to scare me when I was younger (12ish?). I think the Tri-Z will do me in the right way.

I hope I can goto Trikefest this year! That would be a blast!

Love the seat too:) Does it look like a bumble bee?

Oh yea, I recieved a butt load of extras with it too. First order of buisness... anyone need a silencer?

I am missing a couple things... like you said mike... easily findable.

PM me what you want for that silencer? Freaks

Chris Smith
05-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, its been a long while but has came just in time! Getting ready for a trip up north with jaykup (http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/member.php?find=lastposter&t=69078) and another.

The engine isn't modded to much just Ported and Polished.

The head was shaved down.

New exhaust.

Bigger main jet :-/ (damn 400 was on it).

It sounds mean!:twisted: :twisted:

But.... let me know what you think
:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :pics:

PS: I thought now would be a good time to mention a new project and also give huge props to that f'ing camera! It rocks! :w00t:

Chris Smith
05-29-2007, 10:14 PM
------------------------

Bryan Raffa
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
you going to TrikeFest?

Chris Smith
05-29-2007, 10:22 PM
you going to TrikeFest?

Tentative as of now... Would DEFINITELY love too!

Bryan Raffa
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I so want that seat!!! looks great!

3Wheelers4Life
05-30-2007, 03:23 PM
nice pictures, nice barn, house, or whatever it is in the background.

ATC-Eric
05-30-2007, 04:54 PM
I so want that seat!!! looks great!

Same thing Im thinkin :drool:

Dirtcrasher
05-30-2007, 05:10 PM
As for the seat, Ted Nugent would be proud....

Bryan Raffa
05-30-2007, 09:33 PM
As for the seat, Ted Nugent would be proud....

:naughty: wango tango!!!:naughty:

70ATC90
05-30-2007, 10:05 PM
i dig it. :p

atc4everbob
05-31-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Chris, according to your numbers, whatever you were driving got around 40+ mpg. That's figuring gas at $3.29/gallon. Was it downhill both ways, or is your truck a Hybrid/solar vehicle? Just kidding. You did good. Two years ago, I drove 1800 miles from IN to eastern Massachusetts to pick up two 200x trikes I won on ebay. It was one of those auctions where I was actually HOPING to be outbid at the end, but didn't happen. That drive SUCKED. I got 'em both for $500 and they were both complete, running, good tires, etc. Both looked very nice. The seller said one had a trans problem - 2nd gear was out. He must have been hitting the crackpipe. I rode the hell out of that thing and found NO prob with the trans. Now, GET THAT Z RUNNING !!!