PDA

View Full Version : Kick start

2strokeBandit
03-04-2007, 12:52 AM
How hard is it to change out the gears on a kick start for an 84 250r. It kicks if you take your time catching the gears but if you kick repeatedly at a faster pace it misses alot. Even if you dont kick repetivly it still misses now and then. Any ideas or help on fixing it.
Will it require complete dissasembly of the motor/trans. Any other ideas it could be.

Thanks Tom:rolleyes:

3leggeddog
03-04-2007, 10:38 AM
it should not be too hard.we just did mine on my 86r and it was very simple.buy everything to fix it though.don't just buy half the parts,replace the entire assmebly,otherwise it will wear out sooner

2strokeBandit
03-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Did you have to dissasemble the whole motor or just take off a side of the case.

team-red-rider
03-04-2007, 11:45 AM
tou have to split the cases on the air cooler...its really easy tho.

2strokeBandit
03-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Alright. Thanks guys. Thats what i was woundering about. The extent of labor.

Thanks Tom

Dirtcrasher
03-04-2007, 05:57 PM
tou have to split the cases on the air cooler...its really easy tho.

What a rotten design... Honda really failed in this area. Just like the 200X you have to split the case?? They should have made sure that those gears would work perfect if they were gonna tuck them in the center cases.

Easy, yes - but alot of labor, seals and gaskets. Not to mention that the new parts aren't available so your basically taking a gamble with used parts after all that work.

2strokeBandit
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah no lie there. Well man i might just leave it and when it gets to bad just start poping the clutch. Thats really to bad.

If anyone has or knows where i can get new gears please let me know. Thanks Tom