PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

oldsking86
03-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Alright guys, time for some advice if you can..

I ran the bike today and I must say it's not feeling as peppy as before. The parts I have put on are a V force reed cage ( stage 2) and a Bills pipe ( it's a sectional but it's very tall and wide so I presume that's for a top end powerband?) looks like the CT racing pipes kinda. The cylinder is stock, no porting what so ever, as for the motor it's stock also.

Well ever since all this was put on the bike will idle good but VERY low. As for bottem end it's not as crisp on the bottem end when you hit it out the whole and the top end seems flat. The needle was adjusted after the pipe ( which was installed first) which was opened up all the way almost, the jet size I think is stock, I've never touched it since i've had the bike.

I need some advice on what the problem could be. I checked the plug right after the reed install and it was a bit tan, not really black but not wet either. I haven't checked it today but I will saturday because im off from work so I will tweak with the bike.

Thanks in advanced everybody!

oldsking86
03-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Well tomorrow I'm going to work on the R, yall have any idea's that I can look into about this problem?

x.system
03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Its probably a jetting issue. I try to keep my needle clip in the center, up one or down one, never the max. If your clip is all the way to the bottom of the needle jump your main jet up one size and put your clip back in the center. Idle could be as simple as readjusting the air screw or you might need to bump the size of the pilot jet one size. Focus on one problem at a time, fix your idle first and run it, when it idles good move to the needle/main jet issue. Start with a new plug and clean filter.