PDA

View Full Version : Balancing my Budget/bikes...help

Rustytinhorn
03-01-2007, 01:42 AM
I hope this can stay in this group and not classifieds as I am not intentialy selling anything. I need some help with prices, as many of you have been on here far longer than I have and have a better idea of some ball-park ranges

I am looking to buy these locally and need opinions on the prices:
Sorry no pics.

1. 250 Big Red. Not sure of year but it has been stored in a barn its whole life. I guess an old man bought it to ride around his orchard and very seldom used it and it has not been ridden ever since. MINT CONDITION. He is asking between $800-$1000 for it.

2. My dads friends brother, (catch all that) is sellling a 350. Again not sure of the year. Dont think it has hardly ever been ridden because it is in Immaculate, Mint, Showroom Condition. Original, not restored as far as I know. Hes asking $2,700.

I am looking to sell these (if and when) and needed to know where I should start with the price:

1. 185 seat pan. Top has some rust, not bad. The underside is almost rust free and has a very shiny original honda powder job still on it.

2. 200e and 200es big red rear fenders. One fender has a crack that has tried to been repaired, the other fender is in good condition. It has part of the sticker on the side telling me to adjust the chain slack before riding to give you an idea of their condition.

3. '85 250r Trike as a whole. '86 flatslide carb, fmf pipe and silencer, boysen power reeds, k&n air filter with outerwear, extended swingarm +2, wheel spacers +6 inches total, brand new maier rear fenders and seat cover, good tread dirt tires, new rear axle bearings and seals, new swingarm pivot bearings and seals, adjustable lowering strut (dogbone). the bad: little crack in front fender by inner forks cracked original shrouds at top mounting holes, and it sputters when throttle is applied (currently rebuilding carberator at the moment). The worse thing is there is a weld in the frame directly behind the front fender. I hope to get a new frame and swap everything over to increase the value of the bike. Please state weather you are guesstimating the price with the current frame or a new frame without a weld.
Thanks The pic posted at bottom is of the 85 250r. NOT any of the bikes I am looking at buying,

I know I really need some pics ....but please help and input what price you would think to pay for them, that is the 3-wheelers and the parts....
Thanks again in advance.

This pic is of the 250r I am looking at selling maybe. It is NOT of any of the mint bikes I am looking at buying.

ATC-Eric
03-01-2007, 02:03 AM
I say jump all over that big red! The 350 might be a different story. If it is indeed mint condition, it very well might be worth that much. It all depends on how mint it is. If you can afford it, try working him down.

Couldnt really tell you about the last items.

I would jump at that red though! Can you post some pics?

danteross77
03-01-2007, 03:54 AM
Well If you don't know what it is worth, do the Ebay thing with it and let the market decide its value, If you are scared put a reserve price of what the least you will take for it and let the people decide. Rear fenders are a pain to ship, but if they are with out crack they could go for $25-60. Honestly I hardly sell trike stuff, I finace my trike hobby selling dirt bike and street bike stuff, its just really nice to work on a trike project and need something and not have to wait and go to the back shed and pull it off a parts machine I got dirt cheap. It usually when I sell a trike part I think I will never need, I run into a heck of a deal on a non running trike and the parts I sold are what I need to get it running, go fiqure.