PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

enikolich
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
I have a really ridiculous question. I am wating for the Clymer manual I ordered, but am not patient enough to wait. I recently came upon a 1982 Honda 200 that was not running. I cleaned the carb, changed oil, put fresh fuel, new fuel filter. It started on the third pull and seems to run well. I have ordered brake cables and some other misc. parts. So far, it is a very straight forard machine and easy to work on. Here is my question: What is the lever located on the right side of the engine cylinder jug? Obviously a cable attaches to it. I have seen pictures of other models, but can not for the life of me figure out the purpose of it or where the other end of the cable would attach. Is this a compression release of some sort.

Again, sorry for the elementary question, but it is bugging me.

Yamahondaman
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
yes .... compresion release

enikolich
02-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Thank you. That's what I thought. But where does the cable attach?

Yamahondaman
02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
i believe that model was by "hand" ... no cable, back in "82" my 200 was like that
the newer ones had a cable hole like the clutch perch

SYKO
02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
what!! A NEWBIE!!!???? Hola GRINGO!!! lets see some pics of that ol' raggg!!! and I cant help you with your questions cuz I dont have anything that uses a decompresion lever!!!!:beer

enikolich
02-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks again. I will get some pics soon posted because I'm sure I will have more questions. I am now fighting with the rear axle. Idiot before me decided to weld on the nuts and the hub on one side. The shaft is ruined and I can't disassemble the rear end to change brakes. Oh well, will eventually come across one on ebay. It's a real piece of work thoug. Was sitting under water for a while and very rusty. Having fun so far with it!

aquapunk
02-28-2007, 06:19 PM
post an ad in the classifieds, someone might have what you need. what part of texas are you from? im in the panhandle. oh yeah, :welcome: