PDA

View Full Version : 250r Drive Hub

Rustytinhorn
02-26-2007, 04:37 PM
'85 250r Is the hub the drive sprocket connects to on the rear axle removable. Two of my threads are crossthreaded and I would rather get a new hub, but if not I guess I will try to drill new threads.

SWIGIN
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
the easiest thing would be to run a tap in the hole and chase them...it should be a 10mm x 1.25 if im thinking right

deathman53
02-26-2007, 05:33 PM
you mean the 4 bolts that hold the sprocket to the hub, two of them are cross threaded. Yes, the hub is repalceable, you need to get another axle, press the hub in, remove the circlip, then press the hub toward the outside, you will need to do this on both axles, press the hub(good) into the axle(good), put the circlip on, then press it out to seat it in. IMO, this isn't worth it. Do what swigin says, run a tap in the thread to clean it, put a bolt in and if it stays tight, then you are good, if it strips, replace the axle.

grundlegrabber
02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Why don't you just heli-coil the beat holes? Get yourself a heli-coil kit for the correct bolt size from your local auto parts store. Instructions are included. You drill out the old threads, tap it with a special tap, run the thread insert in, and it's as good as new!!

Rustytinhorn
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, my bolts that bolt my sprocket on are crossthreaded. I will try to run some new threads. Thanks for the info.