PDA

View Full Version : Fork Tubes

Tech23
02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey guys, I noticed that some people are searching for fork tubes because what you have is either pitted or bent. If you can't find what you are looking for used, you might not be out of luck. This place called Franks Maintenence and Engineering can make you any fork tube you need. I have known of them for years, but I have never used their services. And no I am not affiliated with them. I could not remember their name so I googled them as "Franks Forking " and their site was listed first. Hope this info helps......Tech23

Dirtcrasher
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
No one, is gonna be able to make a stock OEM tube for a decent cost. The top threads inside may not be too bad but if you examine a tube completely, you'll see that it isn't just a plain threaded chrome plated hollow tube.

Tech23
02-25-2007, 09:55 PM
No one, is gonna be able to make a stock OEM tube for a decent cost. The top threads inside may not be too bad but if you examine a tube completely, you'll see that it isn't just a plain threaded chrome plated hollow tube.
I 'm sure a fork specialty business would know what the internals of a fork consist of . Especially a low tech damper rod design, like what an ATC came equipped with. Or do you have some kind of one off works fork on your bike?