PDA

View Full Version : Tecate 300 Sprock ....any users?

DixiePlowboy
02-24-2007, 01:17 AM
Is anyone using this big bore setup that can relay their impressions an/or results?
It seems to me that it should be a popular upgrade considering the price compared to having a KX or KXT cylinder professionally ported and all that goes with a freash ported/built top end.
My interest is primarily on a first generation Tecate, but I'd like to hear from anyone using it.

-Plow

hadar
02-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I just finished my engine w/ a Sprock 300 kit. Now Just need to finish my roller. The top end went together real nicely and everything looks perfect. I can't wait to try it. My fist impressions are, it looks like this t3 is going to run hard. I will know more in a few months as project Tecate too-hottie takes shape. I also love the fact that the jug was not sleaved but is electro fused. Nice work Corey.

DixiePlowboy
02-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I know how hard it is to have to wait. I went the other way....putting my roller together first, but I should be getting the motor together in about a month or so since I don't lack much on the chassis and I want to get on the track as quickly as possible.

I'm going to pay Corey a little extra to port it for flattrack since I'm going to be running 1/4 and 3/8 mile ovals. I'm wanting it to scream. More of a mid-topend revver. It's going to be pretty much a dedicated racer.

Lomax
02-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Are you using a Stock cyclinder or a KX dirtbike cyclinder?

DixiePlowboy
02-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Lomax, if you're asking me, I'm unsure of what jug he bases his 300 cylinder on. I haven't seen any pics but the ones on his site. I have 4 KXT cylinders to deal/trade with myself.

hadar
02-24-2007, 01:42 PM
He used a stock kxt jug on mine but the added displacement should make up for the kx cylinder's extra exhaust ports. I wanted a kx cylinder but this was too sweet a deal to pass up. It may out perform a kx cylinder. I would like to see a kx300 cylinder. I'll bet that would be badass.:lol:

Lomax
02-24-2007, 03:00 PM
He used a stock kxt jug on mine but the added displacement should make up for the kx cylinder's extra exhaust ports. I wanted a kx cylinder but this was too sweet a deal to pass up. It may out perform a kx cylinder. I would like to see a kx300 cylinder. I'll bet that would be badass.:lol:

My buddy has a KX300 cyclinder. The Tecate isnt back together yet but I am thinking its going to ROLL OUT!