PDA

View Full Version : Latest 350x pics

brrcuda
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
thought i'd post some pics of the latest progress on my 350x. I got this bike 2 weeks ago as a rider. The plan is to have a show and go trike. "Ride the hell out of it but look good doing it". So far, i have done the following to it:

-supertrapp - 6 new discs and rear cap. polished and painted it as well. 3 bolts are broken, so i still need to pull the baffle out to get those out.
-new oem shrouds
-new maier fenders front and back
-some rusty bolts replaced with SS
-tighten the chain
-removed old fork boots - waiting for new ones

-waiting on - new sticker kit, very nice set of headlight lens/plastic

-on the list to do - new seat cover, oil, new oem fork boots, adjust valves, possibly new timing chain?

Impressions - I am loving this bike. I actually think its the most fun i have had in a while riding. The wheelies are so fun and controllable and the power is perfect for the trails/snow. Its nice to just jump on and go - thats why i bought it. Its everything my tri-z was lacking minus the explosive power punch of the 2 stroke. :w00t:

the great gazoo
02-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Looking good! I'm itching to get mine, gonna be a couple months................

sandpuppi101
02-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I hear ya Brother !!! I made the transition from my liquid R to the 350X ,and the ride is altogether different.I trail my X hard and it does'nt wear me out like my R did. Nice machine too,I still have the OEM rears and gotta get some aftermarkets before I take it out agin,I can see myself busting them !!

Huffa
02-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Looks great cuda and yea, the 4 strokes are just so much more forgiving to ride.

Nice to be able to just plonk along or wic it on. They do both reasonably well.

I

Dirtcrasher
02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Looks great cuda and yea, the 4 strokes are just so much more forgiving to ride.

Nice to be able to just plonk along or wic it on. They do both reasonably well.

I

YES YES YES, thats why I no longer own a 250R. It was like a light switch, either entirely on or off and no inbetween. I love the torque and manageable power of a 4 stroker....

250R's are for people that still live at home, 4 strokes are for home owners that want to live...LOL!!

Dammit!
02-23-2007, 07:03 PM
YES YES YES, thats why I no longer own a 250R. It was like a light switch, either entirely on or off and no inbetween.

That's fiaxble. Mine used to be that way but it's way more managable now.

brrcuda
03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Update - I put a few dollars in it so far. But its looking really nice. I am almost complete with the cosmetics. Got the decals on it. The last detail will be a red clarke tank with white scoops. Also, waiting on fork boots to come in.

I decided after riding and tipping it over on an ice covered log last night, that i better put the metal tank away for safe keeping.:beer Otherwise i will kill that nice tank.

I am not detailing the engine until i completely remove it and check everything out inside it - after this years riding season or if anything breaks before then. Right now its snow blasting time.

ATC-Eric
03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
We're in the same boat brrcuda! I love my Z, but wanted something to "putt" around on in the trails without numbing my legs.

Just got my X 2 days ago, Ive only riden it on the streets, and Im in love. Wheelies are great on these machines!

Yours is lookin really good too btw!

edog
03-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Looking great!

Bryan Raffa
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
lookin good cuda!!!!! you guys make me want one...

i58829
03-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Looks great, I plan to do nearly the same thing. You can see mine in my sig, i bought it a couple weeks ago and dont really have anywhere nearby to ride so i've been buying a ton of parts and plan to have the pegs, bars, frame, and some other odds and ends to the powder coater in a week or so, then it will be a pretty nice machine. I got all new bushings, bearing, billet carrier (boss), and some other little pieces, i plan to go with black tank shrouds and seat cover to make it look like the 200X i sold. Keep posting pics and it will keep me motivated, also what year 'cuda do you have? I recently picked one up but its hiding until i get more cash so for now its the X that gets my money and attention, TC...

brrcuda
03-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Looks great, I plan to do nearly the same thing. You can see mine in my sig, i bought it a couple weeks ago and dont really have anywhere nearby to ride so i've been buying a ton of parts and plan to have the pegs, bars, frame, and some other odds and ends to the powder coater in a week or so, then it will be a pretty nice machine. I got all new bushings, bearing, billet carrier (boss), and some other little pieces, i plan to go with black tank shrouds and seat cover to make it look like the 200X i sold. Keep posting pics and it will keep me motivated, also what year 'cuda do you have? I recently picked one up but its hiding until i get more cash so for now its the X that gets my money and attention, TC...

2 years ago i picked up a 1974 barracuda that is now getting restored. Got the typical NE rust issues but will look nice when complete - hopefully end of this summer it will be in my possession again with fresh paint. Its getting restored back to original color. My brother in law is doing the work and he is a perfectionist - so its on his time. Got a 4 speed and completly rebuilt 400 BB ready to go in it also. I post a pic if i can find one.

Trikes and cars are my weakness.:lol:

I think i like this 350x so much because it reminds me of my old 86 200x i had when i was 15.

brrcuda
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
not a 3 wheeler, but its where i got my user name on here from.

picture it red with a black strobe stripe on the sides.

i58829
03-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Looks like a pretty clean car compared to some of the north east ones i've seen, I really like the E bodies in red. I'm from Pa (living in Fl now), and flew home in Nov. to pick this one up and hide it in my fathers garage. It's a 70 'cuda 340 auto and should be hemi orange w/black top/interior but as you can its right out of the 80's even has the velour interior. It was in storage for over 24 years since it was last on the road...

http://shutter11.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/07/001/7F/7A/BE/03/GuTgxfGynBsE5YnkxSG+PmCcORu-rYqB0280.jpg

dovesprings250R
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Nice 350! I wish honda would have done a 350x engine in the stronger better suspended R chassis. That would have been a killer trike. The only thing that makes me love my Rs more than my X in the desert is the suspension....big time difference on the suspension. Great work on it, looks nice!!!

brrcuda
03-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I588 - thats a nice cuda there. 70/71 is the hot year that everyone wants. I saw mine on the side of the road and i bought it on the spot for 6k.

Mine should be painted by end of this summer. New floors. the quarters were also replaced this winter due to an error done by previous welder. It looks good with primer on it though.

For everyone else - heres some more pics of the X. New oem fork boots installed this weekend.

brrcuda
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
one more try:lol:

DeePa
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
you cleaned that bike up nice. Im gonna call you edog posting pics when one little part comes in !!!!

Youre giving me ideas in my head to go and clean mine up a bit and drop 500 or so into it once the 250r is finished.

When we gonna go riding?

Mike

i58829
03-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Brrcuda i love the X i'm not sure i like the white because i get in the mud a fair amount, but it looks great in the snow. Could you fill me on where i might be able to find a similar grab bar, and seat cover are the covers still being produced?

Also i bought the 'cuda from a garage i found out about it through word of mouth and called once every few weeks for about 10 months and he finally sold it for around 8k, it doesn't have the right motor (it is a 70 340) i haven't had it fired yet, and the seats/dash/and paint all need to be taken back to stock. Also under the hood is all 'go fast' parts instead of the stock pieces so i dont need to worry about it being original ever again...

chris200x
03-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks sharp! :naughty: So you are getting around fairly well in that deep snow with those tires? What are they buckshot mudders?

brrcuda
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I588 - we'll have to meet up at carlise 2008 when both cars are done. Trailor the trikes. image that.

I chose the white plastics cause i wanted it to be distinguished as an 86. I like the sticker kit that goes on the 86s also.

Deepa - Riding season starts very soon. Trails are still too deep up here to go too far. Next few weeks once it warms up a little more. Yeah, i got it, had to flash some pics - been slow on pics around here.

Chris - No the tires actually suck in the snow. They're Nankangs. I do not know the model though. Look like boogers but have triangles in the middle tread instead. Those tires spin real nice for roosting corners though.

Riding in this snow was actually difficult. As long as i stayed on the snowmobile tracks, I wouldn't sink and could move along pretty nicely. Theres an inch of ice underneath the snow also, so once it dug in,i was stuck spinning the tires.

Chris Smith
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Awesome bike! More!!!

:pics: :pics: :pics: :pics: :Bounce :Bounce