PDA

View Full Version : Lifans

350xBomb
02-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Ok, so Ive searched and found that most who have used the lifans like them. But my question is: what is a lifan motor? From what I gather, it is a honda replica made in china? what incerments do they come in and where can I find specs. Are they exact matches..can parts be interchanged? the reason I ask, is i have the opportunity to get a cheap 200x with a lifan (needs to be put in) but know nothing about the engine. Thanks.

hancadam
02-21-2007, 10:13 PM
I really liked mine. It sounded and started better than the honda. The install is not to hard, but there are some issues. The main issue would be the wiring. The harness that comes with the motor is overwhelming. I ended up stripping almost 90% of the wires and connectors off. Also the kicker kicks backwards like a dirtbike, so the electric start is needed. That means you will need to put a battery somewhere. The rear brake pedal mounts to the engine stock, but will not on a lifan. This is a easy fix though. You will just need to mount a big reds pedal to the peg that the foot peg bolts to. The Lifan I had was a push rod type. Meaning most parts would not interchange. The last issue I had was that I had to remove the cross member underneath the motor on the frame. No big deal. PM me if I can help anymore.