PDA

View Full Version : why would my bike do this ???

monstertruckr81
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM
ok i had it running and on my old 200 x if you didnt adjust the swingarm equally it would pull to one side now my 350 x is wanting to do the same thing but is there any adjustments to fix this the frames not bent bushings are good

is there a way to correct this ??????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

nouseforaname90
02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Check your axle bearings.. they may be worn. Also, make sure the tire pressure in the rear tires is equal...

general_lee01
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
if *Edited**Edited* riding on the road then it will pull to one side
later, collin

cj_89
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
are you sure your swing arm is in line correctly i think thast the trouble, fool with you adjusters and take her for a run if tire pressure and bearings are good

tyman
02-20-2007, 11:12 PM
get one of those "rope tape measures".. wrap it around both tires.. check if they are the same.. and a SLIGHT bend in forks could cause it....

traxxasx
02-20-2007, 11:47 PM
check tire air pressure, always when my dx pulled it was cause one back tire slowly deflated itself so the pressure was off on one tire so it pulled, but on dirt it went away, i only experience this on the street concrete, ect.

Erics350x
02-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Lift the rear and try to move the axle from front to back on each side. That will tell you if the bearings are bad. But with axle bearings it usually pulls to the right and only when your on the gas. The most common cause is uneven tire pressure.

jeffatc250r
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I bumped a tree, not going fast either and had the same problem, i put a straight edge on the swingarm and it was tweaked very lightly. I also had a problem with a set of holeshots one time, one had to be like 2 pounds less than the other, i even tried swapping them on 2 different bikes and they were the same. I guess the rubber was harder on one of them??