PDA

View Full Version : 250sx motor help !!

cj_89
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
hauled the side off my motor to replace a worn out kicksatrt bearing and the reverse lever spring let go,how do i go about putting the side back on and having that work properly, any help will be apprceiated :D

Dirtcrasher
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Better read the manual.... The SX kicker is a pain. Line up all the gear punch marks with the shaft, might be a mark on the case - I forget. If you screw up you will lose the thrust washer behind it and it will go into the tranny.

I have found that placing the shaft in at an angle with the kicker on to hook the spring works for me. It isn't easy unless you've done it. Try it first without the thrust washer.....

cj_89
02-20-2007, 08:37 PM
i never hauled the kicker shaft orn utinnn out it all fits in place i just gotta hook that spring or what ever way it is... also i got her on t for timing down on the magneto and when you are looking at the marks for timing on top the marks spozed to point straight up RIGHT ?

Dirtcrasher
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Well...You may have to remove the shaft to get it back in right or you might have to force it back in there which isn't good.

The timing marks on th flywheel don't have anything to do with the kicker... But maybe you have a cam/crank timing question??

cj_89
02-20-2007, 11:01 PM
ok when u hauld the side plug off the mark for t is there and on the cam sprocket theres 2 lines what wasy do they line up, just want to make sure so when i put it together it will run :) do the line up horizontal with the head?

BigRedBlair
02-20-2007, 11:06 PM
hauled the side off my motor to replace a worn out kicksatrt bearing and the reverse lever spring let go,how do i go about putting the side back on and having that work properly, any help will be apprceiated :D

I know which one you mean. Besides the Tran gears that is the tricky spot getting that cover on with the spring level fightn ya.

mine is shattered I hope you get it right before me.

cj_89
02-21-2007, 07:51 AM
i need to know the timing marks... the magneto is on t and when u look at the cam gear from the shifter side there are 2 lines like 180 degrees across the sprocket, do i make them flush wit the head, how od i no top from bottom ? SUMONE MUST BE ABLE TO TELL ME :)