PDA

View Full Version : Tecate pipe ID help (BETTER PICS)

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm hoping somebody might know what brand this is, or at least what power range it's built for.

Billy Golightly
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Its got some nice sectioning to it. I'm gonna guess thats either a Klemm, or a Bassanni.

scooterroo
02-19-2007, 09:19 PM
i was gonna say bassani, looks almost like mine. if so you have one rare and mean pipe there.

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't believe it's as big around as the Bassanni's I've seen in an older Tecate pipe ID thread. Plus it's hard to tell,(dark pics...sorry) but the stinger curves outward near the end unlike a Bassanni.

I've wondered about it being a Klemm, as I know that I either still have the Klemm ported cylinder that came off this bike at one time, or that I have had it. Curious to me, though, was that the supposed Klemm jug had no porter's marks/engraving on the side.

scooterroo
02-19-2007, 09:27 PM
my bassani curves outward a bit at the end, plus it has five sections like yours and the mount tab is on the third section, same as yours. mines painted black, so dont go by color.

digity x
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
scoot kind of looks like yours, kind of dark pic to tell but from what i can see pretty close.

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
What power range does yours seem to be "geared" towards with the Bassani?

I'm still in disbelief that it could be, not because I doubt my eyes or your comparrison, but because I didn't recognize it and almost let it go.

cr480r
02-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm still in disbelief that it could be, not because I doubt my eyes or your comparrison, but because I didn't recognize it and almost let it go.
That would have sucked...

Maico
02-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Now why can't I find deals like that for '86/'87 T3 pipes?? Where ARE all the performance 2nd gen pipes hiding ??:wondering

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 11:04 PM
It's amazing how much different that pipe looks in pics on this site than it did hanging in my parts room...especially the angle of the first cone. I've just got to have a few dings on it fixed and seems like a keeper.

scooterroo
02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
definately a keeper. i however do not know yet what its like but from what i understand they are the pipe to have for the tecate. i got it for my jwr wannabe. alls i am missing is the extended calfab, which i am working on, and the finishline axle, but good luck on that right. fix the dings and keep that sucker.

TRIZTUNES
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
HI!!!!!!!!!!

It is a bill's pipe.

thanks tunes!!!!!!!

DixiePlowboy
03-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I considered Bill's when I was trying to ID it, but had no pics/examples to compare it to.

I probably will end up wishing I still had it, but I'm up against the clock and have few funds with which to complete my ride by May 12 for Swainsboro with Billy, Syko, and others in the SFTL, and I saved myself $70-something+ by trading it.

I hope it serves you well!! Let us know how it works.