PDA

View Full Version : DG pipe-'85 Tecate question

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Of those of you with experience with DG's pipe, what type of powerband does it seem to "produce" on a first generation Tecate?

It looks to me like more of a top-end pipe, which is what I'm looking for.

cr480r
02-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Definately mid-top. Weak low end. Mine was a huge improvement over the stocker

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Of what's most available, that sounds like what I need.

I have a sectional pipe of unknown origin that appears to be more of a midrange design. It's got a larger diameter head pipe, a somewhat agressive first cone angle, a larger than stock sectioned belly, but a rather long last cone-comparing it to stock.

Other than a few dings that I'm going to have removed, it's actually a nice looking pipe. Just the wrong power range for my flattracker project.

I'm either going to try to trade it to someone for a good DG, or save up and buy a new DG.

cr480r
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I would keep the one you have and buy a DG to try. There is a guy on ebay selling them for 30$. That pipe you have looks like a nice one, I would compare them before getting rid of it. I would ride it before judging its characteristics based on a theory arcticle...It might smoke a DG...

DixiePlowboy
02-19-2007, 09:40 PM
$30?....you have a good point there.

nd4speed
02-20-2007, 12:32 AM
I bought one of those $30 pipes and seems to be high rev. Here is some pics of mine and a link to the seller:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=60994&page=3